Free Consultation: (410) 216-7000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cedulie Renee Laumann

Cedulie Renee Laumann

Arden Law Firm, LLC
  • Business Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning...
  • Maryland
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Cedulie Laumann is the managing attorney of small law firm in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The firm accepts clients in real estate, small business, guardianship and civil litigation matters.

She enjoys helping clients reach positive solutions to their legal needs. Whether a client needs a simple deed transfer or representation in a "high stakes" lawsuit, quality representation should keep the client's unique needs in mind. Her firm employs innovative "flat fee" billing arrangements and fee options outside the traditional hourly based approach.

"Legal Answers & Representation Relevant to YOUR needs!"

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Employment Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Real Estate Law
  • Probate
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    10 minute no-cost phone consult. Call 410-216-7000 $180 consult fee for most matters (w/out document review) up to 1.5 hrs $200 consult fee w/ document review up to 1.5 hours 50%-100% of the consult fee credited to client's account if the firm is retained for full service within 30 days of consult.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    Attorneys fees may be handled on a contingency basis (client does not pay unless there is recovery) in certain cases, including injury, certain types of real estate matters and judgment collections.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    10 min no cost initial consult by phone. Flat fee consultations for up to 1.5 hour attorney meeting. Option of flat fee billing many types of cases, including Estate Planning (Trusts, Wills, etc.), Business Formation (LLCs, etc.) and Real Estate (tax sale foreclosure litigation, deeds, contracts, etc.) Representative 2017 flat fees: $240 for most deeds, $250 for PR/estate/corporate deeds $80 for powers of attorney $750 for single member LLC formation package, $505 for estate planning package (individual), $1,250 for revocable trust package. While all the firm's clients are given clear understanding of fees up-front, this list is not a promise to represent, some situations may require additional work and no attorney/client relationship is formed unless we meet and both agree.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
managing attorney
Arden Law Firm, LLC
Adjunct Faculty
St. Joseph's University
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Honors: Order of the Coif Top 10% of Graduating Class
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
395 Questions Answered

Q. My foreclosure auction was 4 days ago. I dont know if it sold. I have a tenant living there.
A: As with many things legal "it depends." If the tenant is a "bona fide" tenant (not related to the owner who lost the house), they may get 90 days or they may get to ride out the current lease. The rules for how long a tenant gets to stay under the terms of their pre-foreclosure lease differ depending on who bought at auction (for instance, if someone bought to occupy the property they can oust a tenant quicker than someone who bought the property as an investment). It also varies depending on whether the foreclosing mortgage was "federally related" or not. The status of the proceedings, including the report of sale, should be filed in the Circuit Court where the property is located. Anyone can request a copy of the Report of Sale from the clerk if they didn't otherwise receive it.
Q. I am a trustee on a property that's in pre foreclosure. I would like to buy the home. Trust doc says we can buy and sell
A: Under federal law, family members inheriting property may be able to simply take over the mortgage payments instead of refinancing in certain situations. However, whether that is feasible depends on other factors, such as buy-out ability. If the property remains in Trust, it is sometimes possible for a trust to take out its own mortgage (or refinance) but that is more complicated than an individual getting a mortgage on their own residence. If the property is at risk of foreclosure then it would be wise to get guidance as soon as possible. Not doing anything could be a breach of fiduciary duties. A borrower will need to have some interest in the property to take out a loan against it. A trustee should tread very cautiously when contemplating buying property held in the trust they are administering. If the trustee is one of the beneficiaries and entitled to receive part of the trust estate, and the trust instrument allows for it, then it might be possible to buy-out the other beneficiaries, deed the property, or to receive an in-kind distribution subject to the mortgage, but great care should be taken to avoid improper self-dealing. While not legal advice I hope this general information helps. You may consider calling the state's foreclosure hotline at 1-877-462-7555 or reaching out to the foreclosure prevention project to get free information on the foreclosure process and timelines.
Q. If a person uses a company to illegally obtain earnings from someone can that constitute fraud and can they be legally?
A: The question is unclear. To analyze possible fraud claims you are highly encouraged to seek legal advice from an attorney specific to your situation.
Q. Is anyone familiar or heard of Mortgage Edge Corporation. They're listed on Deed of Trust as beneficiary.
A: The beneficiary under a Deed of Trust IS the lender. Although this online forum is not designed to seek legal research on specific issues / entities / matters, you can check with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) for information on the last known resident agent for corporations operating in this state. While not legal advice, I hope the above general information helps!
Q. A lawyer doctored a document and presented it as the original to win his case. What can be done.
A: Most rulings can be appealed if there was an error in the trial court's handling of the evidence. However, keep in mind that appeal rights are very time sensitive. Separately, the Attorney Grievance Commission in this state investigates charges of lawyer misconduct. While not legal advice, I hope the general information above helps.
Q. My new commercial lease does not include any terms regarding rent increases. Is there a maximum amount in Maryland?
A: No, commercial leases don't have caps in this state and generally the terms can be whatever the parties negotiate.
Q. Am I responsible for water and sewer charges that were charged to the builder? I'm being sued over front foot fees.
A: Generally front foot assessments go with the property and become an obligation of the new owner (the same way HOA fees or property tax obligations would). Typically these payments last up to 30 years after a new development is built. That being said, both the contract and the closing paperwork should reveal the existence of front foot assessments. If the Seller NEVER disclosed the front foot assessment, didn't put anything in the Contract and failed to notify in any of the settlement papers, you may have a basis for charging the Seller with these fees. Closings tend to have a LOT of paperwork, so before attempting to go after a Seller it would be wise to go over the contract and other paperwork carefully to make sure there wasn't an overlooked disclosure. The relevant law is at Md. Ann Code, Real Property article, section 14-117 While not legal advice, I hope that this general information helps.
Q. Does a doctor break any laws dating a former patient?
A: As with many things legal, whether a romantic relationship is legally problematic will depend on the circumstances. Was the doctor pursuing the patient while treating or did the romantic interest arise well after the termination of the doctor/patient relationship? Was the doctor/patient relationship a single visit without dependency or was this a long-term counseling situation? Besides all that, is the doctor in a practice / group with rules about such relationships? Off the top of the head, one suspects a psychologist/psychiatrist could face some issues if they date someone they saw clinically, even if they terminate the professional relationship to do so. However, a podiatrist who saw a patient once or twice and later bumps into the same person at a dinner party 3 years later probably wouldn't have the same concerns. Check out the AMA's Code of Medical Ethics Opinion 9.1.1 In a specific area, one can always call the governing board for clarification. Keep in mind that nothing in this post is legal advice.
Q. Can attorney represent trust & mortgage servicer.Does servicer respond to summons or can trustee answer both summon com
A: Attorneys can appropriately represent more than one defendant in a given case (or for that matter more than one plaintiff), so long as the parties represented by the same attorney don't have claims or conflict involving each other. What an attorney cannot do is represent parties on two different sides of the same case (E.g, a plaintiff and a defendant in the same case). Your post does not elaborate on why you suspect there is a conflict of interest, but at the end of the day if two or more defendants chose to hire the same attorney, that is on them and it is hard to see why that would be a matter to the plaintiff.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
1028 Generals Hwy
Crownsville, MD 21032
Telephone: (410) 216-7000
Telephone: (410) 216-7000