Cary B. Hall

Cary B. Hall

Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.
  • Criminal Law, Family Law, Divorce...
  • Pennsylvania
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My practice focuses on civil, criminal and family law litigation with over 20 years of tested experience throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and Maryland. I have successfully tried civil and criminal jury trials, contested family law hearings, administrative proceedings and appeals. My passion is assisting individuals and small businesses with their legal issues.

Many moons ago, I earned an Ivy League degree in philosophy from Columbia University, and then my law degree from the University of Miami. While in law school, I was involved in graduate student government and was a contributing author and editor of the University of Miami Business Law Journal.

I began my legal career as a judicial law clerk in Towson, Maryland, and first established my own law practice there at the age of 26. I moved to Pennsylvania in 2000, and revived my solo practice after working for a few years with local law firms. These early efforts were rewarded by being named a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Rising Star” in 2005 and 2006 by the publishers of Philadelphia magazine. Since then, and based upon my law firm experiences, I have found that I can best serve my clients one-on-one as a solo attorney.

I also serve as an arbitrator in civil court cases, and have been court-appointed as defense counsel in state criminal prosecutions. In addition to my solo law practice, I additionally serve as a Special Assistant Public Defender in Magisterial District Courts throughout Montgomery County. I’m a contributing author (and have even been editor-in-chief) to the Montgomery Bar Association’s Civil Practice Manual, the definitive legal manual for practicing law in Montgomery County.

Currently, I am privileged to be a trusted advisor and knight-in-shining-armor to satisfied clients throughout the country. I pride myself on providing personalized and affordable legal service to my clients and I even return phone calls, something that doesn’t always happen with larger law firms.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Real Estate Law
  • Business Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Collections
  • Construction Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Estate Planning
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Juvenile Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Personal Injury
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal injury or other tort claims only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Solo Attorney and Knight-in-Shining Armor
Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.
- Current
Law Firms in Towson, MD and King of Prussia, PA
Judicial Law Clerk
Baltimore County Circuit Court
Clerk for the Honorable Lawrence R. Daniels
University of Miami School of Law
J.D. (1995) | Law
Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Legal Research Techniques
Activities: Articles and Comments Editor, University of Miami Business Law Journal
Columbia University
B.A. (1992) | Philosophy
Honors: Dean's List
Activities: Coxswain, Men's Heavyweight Crew/Rowing Team; Undergraduate Dormitory Council
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer - Rising Star
Law and Politics/Philadelphia magazine
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer - Rising Star
Law and Politics/Philadelphia magazine
Professional Associations
State Bar of Pennsylvania # 85747
- Current
Montgomery Bar Association
- Current
Speaking Engagements
How to Conduct a Successful Client Intake Interview, Montgomery Bar Association
Montgomery Bar Association
Speaker/instructor concerning initial client interviews in criminal defense cases.
Websites & Blogs
Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C. - Official
Legal Answers
494 Questions Answered

Q. Can a astranged spouse sign a agreement for selling our house without the other spouse signing the agreement.
A: If both of your names are still on the deed, the answer is no - not without your permission. I suggest you contact the realtor(s) involved and let them know that you do not consent to the sale, if true. Best of luck to you.
Q. What are the chances father will get full custody if he has hundreds of pages of written communication showing mother
A: Child custody proceedings don't have "Vegas odds." Rather, each case is considered on its own facts, and a court makes a decision based on what's in the best interests of the child. Moreover, it's impossible to make any kind of prediction based on the several characterizations of facts in your question. For instance, you may be leaving out that Father is, say, Charles Manson. See what I mean? A court makes a decision only after the judge hears *everything*. It does sound, however, like the facts described would be important for a judge to hear, so Father should make sure he has his ducks in a row for trial so that such evidence can be properly admitted. Best of luck to him.
Q. Can I press charges against my daughter stepmother for threatening my her that she going to punch her teeth out.
A: Potentially yes. It also sounds like you have pretty strong grounds to ask the court to grant YOU primary physical custody as well. You could also contact DHS and file a report. Best of luck to you.
Q. My son has turned 18 and is a senior in High School. Does our custody agreement still cover him or is he an adult now?
A: Once he's 18, he's no longer subject to the custody agreement. But he's still your child, and hers. Last I checked, kids don't run the show when they still live with their folks and rely on them for support. Bottom line: don't let your kid rule the roost. You and his mom still make the rules, whether "legal" or not. Best of luck to you all.
Q. Arbitration hearing or Judgement Issue?
A: The problem may be your "assumptions." I suggest contacting the Delaware County Bar Association for an attorney referral, and then sit down with him/her and going over everything. Knowledge is power, y'know? Best of luck to you.
Q. In 2012 I opened a case for child support and the father wasn't ordered to pay anything until he obtained employment
A: You should open a new case immediately. No, you cannot now seek past support. Moral of the story: stay on Domestic Relations like white on rice. No one is going to advocate for you more than YOU. Best of luck to you.
Q. Pulled over for running a red light in Robinson. Cop never gave ticket and said it's $141. Im from Atlanta. Options?
A: You'll at least want to try to get the ticket reduced to something that doesn't carry any "points" that might transfer to your GA driver's record (as well as jack up your car insurance premium). The fact that you're in GA and can't readily attend a traffic hearing up here means they pretty much have you over a barrel, alas. If you're planning on being back up in PA for work, however, you could try to schedule a traffic hearing during that time -- and I think the court would work with you on that. If so, call the court and request it. Otherwise, you can contact the cop directly and see if he/she will voluntarily change the charge to something that doesn't carry any points. You probably won't pay much less for the ticket, but at least you won't have any negative repercussions on your GA driving record and/or increased insurance premiums. I'm originally from Valdosta, GA. Best of luck to you.
Q. Why was a charged with driving on roadways laned for traffic?
A: It means you went out of your lane. If you didn't (meaning, you slid on the ice *out* of your travel lane), consider fighting it by asking for a traffic hearing. Best of luck to you.
Q. so i was just charged with possession of marijuana(113 grams)and drug paraphernalia(scale)in somerset nj what is next
A: You need to post your questions in the *New Jersey* law forum, because that's where all the action will be. New Jersey and Pennsylvania are very different! Best of luck to you.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
25 W. Airy St., Suite 300
Norristown, PA 19401
Fax: (215) 525-4364