C. Zadik Shapiro

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
  • Criminal Law
  • California
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearch
Practice Area
  • Criminal Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Experience
Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
- Current
Sole practitioner with primary interest in criminal law. Also practices administrative law
Law Offices of Michael Stepanian
Golden Gate University School of Law
Law Degree (1984)
Honors: Assistant Editor Law Review Top 15 per cent of my class
Univ of South Florida
B.A. (1972) | History
Activities: College Council University Senate
Florida State University College of Law
Outstanding Volunteer
Bar Association of San Francisco
Professional Associations
Bar Association of San Francisco
California State Bar # 118359
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Taking the Fifth
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. -can a prelim be presented over a period of days while other preliminary heerings are also being heard by the judge?
A: Only if the parties agree to bifurcate the hearing
Q. How can I check my boyfriend case status?
A: Go to the clerk's office. They can answer most of your questions.
Q. Is there any way to find out the out come of a trial that I was involved in the jury selection for... last week.
A: You can also call any of the attorneys involved in the case.
Q. What do you think the most likely hood out come of a simple possession charge of marijuana. if you have 2 strikes?
A: First time possession of less than an ounce of marijuana for personal use is now an infraction. The fine is $100 regardless of whether you have strikes or not.
Q. Can police reverse ammunity deal after getting the accused to talk?
A: Regardless of what they say police cannot give immunity. Only a judge can do that and only after a request is made by the prosecutor.
Q. Is possession of a hyperdermic needle a fellony
A: Its a misdemeanor.
Q. How may I go about getting transcripts from my trail that is 11 years old?
A: If the case went up on appeal the appellate lawyer should have gotten a transcript and should have provided it to you after the appeal was over. You may check with the appellate lawyer to see if he/she still has a copy. If not you may attempt to get a copy from the court reporter but this will cost you a significant amount. You can check with the clerk's office to find out who the reporters were.
Q. How can I find out when the man who tried to kill me will be released from prison?
A: The best way might be to call the prosecutor.
Q. Is a search valid if officer does not provide the warrant upon search?
A: First most searches are done without a search warrant. They may be based on probable cause, consent, or any number of other reasons and do not require a search warrant. If the search warrant is done pursuant to a search warrant the officer should leave a copy of the search warrant at the residence or the place searched but search will be valid even if the officer does not provide a copy of the search warrant
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
Pittsburg, CA, USA
Cell: (415) 410-8362