Free Consultation: (212) 321-0741Tap to Call This Lawyer
Bruce Provda

Bruce Provda

  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law
  • New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Bruce is atop divorce and family lawyer in New York

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free phone consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Hebrew: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Written
Professional Experience
Of Counsel
Sharova Law
- Current
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
Harvard Law School
Activities: Cybercrime webinar
Circle of Excellence
Merchant Circle
Martindale Hubbell
10.0 Rating
Empire State Counsel
New York
Pro Bono Certificate
New York Foundation
Professional Associations
Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance
New York City Bar Association
- Current
Brooklyn Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Current
Russian American Bar Association
- Current
Federal Bar Association (Southern District of New York)
- Current
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Current
New York State Bar # 1174903
- Current
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Current
Federal Bar
Activities: Pro-bono work
Articles & Publications
Marriage Annulment in New York
New York Forum
Mothers Rights
Family Blog
High-Net Worth Individuals Also Do Divorce
New York Divorce Lawyers
Advocates for Children of New York, Inc.
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Websites & Blogs
Findlaw profile
Legal Answers
21 Questions Answered

Q. I pay child support can I move out of state without telling the kids mother
A: You have to declare where you are living to whomever you are paying child support to. Some people pay it to the state child support agency and some directly to the other spouse.
Q. I pay child support what is to be done with that money?
A: The purpose of child support is to clothe, feed, medically provide for, educate etc. the child as well as provide the child a place to live. So paying rent, utilities, cable would all be involved in that.
Q. Hello, my name is Sabrina. Does my income affect how much child support my husband has to pay?
A: I am assuming that you are concerned about what he would pay to an ex wife? If so, it does have some effect on his ability to buy essentials if you are jointly supporting the household.
Q. We have a separation agreement signed by both of us in Scotland. Will NY state recognize foreign separation agreements?
A: It does not seem likely that this separation agreement would hold up in US courts. You would need to establish residency in NY in order to file for divorce here. You certainly present the agreement as a past decision between you both, but it would have no legal standing. You should speak with a divorce attorney.
Q. My son's father has never paid child support, and has not seen him in 3 years. Can I terminate his rights?
A: The termination of a parent's rights is something that must be done by the court, if there are biological rights at this point. He may well agree to this and then it will simply be a case of filing a petition. However, you need to know at that point that you can not come after him for any child support ant the adoptive father would be obligated to pay child support if you two divorce.
Q. How can I get my daughter back from the father who has soul custody of her and she's 12
A: You would file a petition in the family court to change the custody status. In the course of the hearing, you would provide evidence as to why he should no longer have custody.
Q. If I take my child father off child support will I be forced to pay child support
A: If I understand your question correctly, you have physical custody of your child. It will be up to the court to stop his child support payments. If you retain physical custody the child you would not be paying chiild support, if the childs moves into the physical custody of the father you may well be ordered to pay child support.
Q. My son is 8 yrs old he was born and is living in the Dominican Republic. I pay (DR) child support there.
A: Your question is very fact specific and cannot really be answered in this type of forum. You need to discuss this is person bringing all the information you have to an attorney.
Q. I was granted sole legal and physical custody of my child. My ex is living with my child in PR. How do I get my child?
A: Puerto Rico should honor your custody order. Howeverr, you would need to hire an attorney guide you through the red tape that this sure to arise between the territory and the state. You would get a NY attorney who may then align withh an attorney in Puerto Rico. You may eventually have to go there to pick up your child.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Sharova Law
745 Fifth Avenue
Suite 500
New York, NY 10151
Telephone: (212) 321-0741
5904 18th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11204