Free Consultation: (740) 277-7850Tap to Call This Lawyer
Bruce Martin Broyles

Bruce Martin Broyles

  • Foreclosure Defense, Appeals & Appellate, Business Law ...
  • Ohio
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Admitted to practice in 1989; Staff attorney for 11th District Court of Appeals, Associate Attorney for three litigation firms from 1992 - 2004, opened my own practice in 2004. Handle a variety of issues in Appellate practice, civil litigation, business disputes, real estate, and actively involved in foreclosure defenses.

Practice Areas
    Foreclosure Defense
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Construction Law
    Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Ohio State University - Columbus
Ohio State University - Columbus Logo
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar  # 0042562
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
190 Questions Answered
Q. My ex husband just passed. My name is on the deed of the house but not on the mortgage. We never did a quick claim deed.
A: Sorry for your loss. The lender who hold the mortgage should treat you as a successor in interest and continue to accept payments on the mortgage from you as well as discuss loss mitigation options with you if you have fallen behind as a result of your husband's recent passing.
Q. In Oct. 2019 we purchased an older home that was completely updated & have issues…
A: Your recourse against the sellers/flippers most likely will not exist. They did not reside in the house and therefore would not be required to complete a seller's disclosure statement. More than likely you had no communication directly with the Seller/flippers and therefore no fraudulent misrepresentations. Even if they simply covered up items, it will be difficult to prove that the issue existed, they knew about it and they conceal the defect. Regarding the housing inspector - there will be a limitation of liability in the contract/ report. More than likely you did not see this information until after the report was completed, and may have been told you were simply noting receipt of the report. The limits of the liability also is very insignificant given the amount of money involved in the transaction. You should be able to avoid the limitation of liability. You will also need to carefully review the actual report. The inspector may not have highlight the issue, but there may be notes of a concern advising you to get the issue inspected by a licensed professional dealing with the subject of the issue. Hopefully there are not such notations in your case. Finally, Ohio has recently started to require home inspectors to be licensed. Most have accomplished this process, but many may be out there doing business as usual.
Q. How long does HUD have to release a lien after paying off a partial claim?
A: Ohio requires a satisfaction of mortgage to be filed 90dsys after payment
View More Answers
Contact & Map
2670 North Columbus Street
2670 North Columbus Street
Suite L
Lancaster, OH 43130
Telephone: (740) 277-7850
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.