Bridget M. EylerLaw Offices of Bridget Eyler
- Health Care Law, Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law
- Oklahoma, Texas
Bridget Eyler is an experienced and aggressive trial attorney. She is highly knowledgeable in occupational and professional license defense and health care law cases e.g. nursing license defense, physician license defense, pharmacy license defense and many other health care occupations license defense cases. She is also experienced in criminal defense, as well as many other areas of law.
Bridget has successfully handled hundreds of cases throughout her legal career. Throughout her legal career, Bridget has gained an expertise with health care law and health care professionals.
In 2008, Bridget was employed as a Corporate Compliance Manager for the Dallas County Hospital District (Parkland Hospital) It was this position that allowed Bridget to gain an understanding of the business side of health care world, and all of its complexities. This experience also allowed Bridget to see the daily operations of health care professionals at work. She was able to see the environment that nurses and doctors work in on a daily basis. She was able to see the inner workings of a hospital and the management staff. This experience has allowed her to better understand the inner workings and management of a large hospital and the daily trials and tribulations of nurses and doctors. She also gained invaluable experience in health care contracting, Medicare and Medicaid issues, risk assessments, grant review, academic medical centers, billing, coding, and HIPAA.
In 2006, Bridget worked as a Special Assistant United States Attorney/Assistant Texas Attorney General prosecuting health care fraud cases at the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Texas.
Bridget also worked at the Dallas County DA's Office in the Public Integrity Division. She investigated and prosecuted various types of cases against government officials/employees and state licensed professionals. She began her legal career as a prosecutor at the Harris County DA's Office.
- Health Care Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Occupational License Defense
- Free Consultation
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Law Offices of Bridget Eyler
- Corporate Compliance Manager/Attorney
- Dallas County Hospital District
- Responsible for ensuring corporate compliance with federal, state, and local health care laws and regulations, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, state fraud and abuse laws and Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations. Regular interaction with hospital management/employees to provide legal advice on a wide variety of matters related to hospital operations including: corporate compliance policies, federal and state fraud abuse laws; bylaws, rules, and regulations, and risk management. Review and analyze contractual arrangements for compliance with Stark Law,Anti-Kickback and other fraud and abuse laws.Ensuring that hospital policy and procedures are updated and in compliance ie. HIPAA (Hi- Tech Act and False Claims Act-ARRA). Investigate conflict of interest and integrity hotline complaints. Working knowledge of PATH (Physicians at Teaching Hospitals), EMTALA and Physician Peer Review.
- Special Assistant United States Attorney
- United States Attorneys Office/ Texas Attorney General's Office
- Responsible for intake, investigation, and prosecution of federal and state health care fraud cases: including Medicaid/Medicare and private insurance. Substantial experience in health care fraud, waste, and abuse issues, including Stark, anti-kickback, Medicare and Medicaid billing issues, corporate compliance and federal False Claims Act, and HIPAA privacy issues. Provided legal advice and assistance to local, state and federal government administrative and law enforcement agencies. Responsible for preparation of pleadings, motions, briefs and trials. Legal research and writing.
- Assistant District Attorney-Public Integrity Division
- Dallas County District Attorneys Office
- Responsible for intake, investigation, and prosecution of public integrity cases: health care fraud, including Medicaid and Medicare fraud/ public servants/government officials/ state licensed professionals i.e., physicians, nurses, pharmacists/open government. Substantial experience in health care fraud and abuse issues, including Medicare and Medicaid billing issues, corporate compliance and HIPAA privacy issues. Provided legal advice and assistance to local, state and federal government administrative and law enforcement agencies. Responsible for preparation of pleadings, motions, briefs and memos.
- Assistant District Attorneys Office
- Harris County District Attorneys Office
- Responsible for preparing, investigating, and prosecuting criminal trial cases. Misdemeanor Chief Prosecutor in County Criminal Court at Law #10, responsible for supervising two junior prosecutors and managing and disposing of 500+ court docket. Responsible for the preparation of pleadings, motions, and briefs. Extensive trial/ litigation experience.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law
- J.D. (1997) | LAW
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- University of Texas - Arlington
- B.A. (1991) | Political Science/ Business
- Political Science/minor-Business
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honors
- Rising Star
- Texas Super Lawyers
- Texas State Bar  # 90001447
- American Health Lawyers Association
- - Current
- American Bar Association
- - Current
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.