Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Family Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Family Law Attorney
- Law Offices of Brian A. Victor
- - Current
- Practices Family Law, Divorce Mediation, Child Custody and Visitation, Child Support, Spousal Support, Family Court Services Preparation, Guardianship, Juvenile Dependency, Limited Scope Representation, Step Parent Adoption. MSPB Appeals.
- Adjunct Professor
- University of the Rockies
- - Current
- Develop curriculum and teach graduate level Organizational Leadership courses. Teach Conflict and Resolution courses. Successfully prepare students to obtain their master's degree in the legal field.
- Managing Attorney
- Edmunds Law Firm
- Appointed Managing Attorney after only 2 ½ months on the job. Representing clients for Family Law, TRO, National Security Law, and Employment Law cases. Appeared before Family Court judges in Vista, San Diego, and El Cajon for hearings and trials. Prepared Response to Statement of Reasons and drafted legal requests for clients whose National Security Clearance was being denied or withdrawn by the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals(DOHA), NASA, Department of Justice, Department of the Army, NSA, among other governmental agencies resulting in successful approval of security clearances. Successfully represented clients before the Merit Systems Protection Board(MSPB), Administrative Judges and government agencies resulting in settlement. Drafted court briefs, declarations, letters to clients and opposing counsel, and other collateral contacts. Legal writing and research to support declarations and court arguments. Provide settlement mediation for clients. Use my experience from working at Family Court Services(FCS) to prepare clients for their child custody/visitation mediation sessions at FCS. Retaining clients and exceeding billable hours on an ongoing basis. Responsible for performing supervisory duties for the entire law firm when owner is out, including the oversight of case consultations, provide signatures on court documents and trust checks, the handling of complaints, and the interview process of prospective employees.
- Family Court Recommending Counselor Mediator
- Family Court Services Superior Court of San Diego
- Legal writing and conclusions used by Juvenile, Family, and Probate Court judges to modify court orders. Provide resolutions to families of child abuse, substance abuse, and domestic violence. Legal research used by Court as basis to modify custody for child providing a relationship with both parents. Successfully mediate challenging family law child custody, visitation, and guardianship cases. Successfully resolved a custody dispute by recommending that a non-custodial parent, in a move-away case, use a webcam several times a week to maintain personal contact with the child. Regularly testify as an expert witness in child custody, visitation, and guardianship matters. Responsible for performing supervisory duties, including the oversight of case consultations, court reports, case assignments, the handling of complaints, and the interview process of prospective employees.
- Legal Intern
- Elder law and Advocacy Legal Services
- Providing research via a multitude of legal resources. Focusing on legal solutions in the fields of civil law, elder law, bankruptcy law, real property, wills and trusts, contract law, community property, and family law.
- Senior Protective Services Worker
- County Of San Diego Child Protective Services
- Investigating child abuse, neglect, substance abuse, and domestic violence allegations. Providing recommendations via court reports to Juvenile, Family and Probate Court. Preparing critical reports for State and Federal governmental officials. Assessing custody cases within 48 judicial hours with an appropriate case plan. Supervising unit, providing training and handling grievances. Responsible for the most difficult cases in the Department. Developing program guidelines for the Emergency Response unit of the Department of Social Services.
- Concord Law School
- J.D. | Legal
- Honors: Kaplan Award for Legal Service in the Community, Moot Court Award for Distinguished Plaintiff Brief.
- California State University - Long Beach
- M.S. | Clinical and Community Psychology
- Honors: National Honor Society for 3.94 GPA. Ranked 2nd in class.
- University of California - Davis
- B.A. | Psychology and Education
- Kaplan Award for Legal Service in the Community
- Moot Court Award for Distinguished Plaintiff Brief
- Concord Law School
- San Diego Bar Association
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map