Brian Joseph Lockwood

Brian Joseph Lockwood

  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence
  • Alabama, California, Nebraska
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Former prosecutor with over 18 years of experience practicing law. Practice limited to criminal defense, including D.U.I./D.W.I. Licensed in Alabama, California and Nebraska. Admitted to practice before all Alabama Courts and the United States District Court - Southern District of Alabama. Doctor of Jurisprudence, Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska 1995

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Additional Practice Area
  • Expungement
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Zoom
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards and debit cards welcome. Cash, certified checks, money orders, and select personal checks also accepted.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Creighton University School of Law
J.D. (1994) | Law
Creighton University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Mobile Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nebraska Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Brian J. Lockwood, LLC
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. Husband and I was charged with DV 3rd harassment dual arrest no aggressor. State has issued us a protection order.
A: You need to contact an attorney in your local area as soon as possible. The charge is of a type that can haunt you on background checks, etc., if not handled properly.
Q. I have a question about the possible repercussions of an "Interference with a 911 domestic emergency call" Mobile,AL
A: If your fiance is found guilty of interference with a domestic violence 911 call, it is extremely likely he will be put on formal probation. In order to put himself in the best position, he should consult with an attorney to discuss the options he has and the best possible outcomes.
Q. My husband has been set a $1,000,000.00 bond for drug trafficking herion and the DEA has never found herion on him.
A: The bond set seems a bit high, but it does fall within the guidelines established by the Supreme Court for a trafficking charge. The court has broad discretion when setting a bond, and will be overturned only for abuse of discretion. However, the court enjoys both discretion to set a bond and to amend (lower) that bond. Your husband will need a local attorney to consult with and determine if a bond review motion would be appropriate in his case.

The preceding answer constitutes informal information only. No attorney-client relationship is established, nor is the communication privileged. Each case is different. The Defendant should consult with a licensed attorney who can become familiar with the particularized facts of his or her case and should not rely on statements of general information such as this. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Brian J. Lockwood, LLC
1111 Dauphin Street
Mobile, AL 36604
Telephone: (251) 434-5754
Fax: (251) 243-7619
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 3:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.