Brennan Tyler Brooks
- Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Civil Rights ...
- Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
Tyler Brooks represents clients throughout the United States in cases involving free speech, religious liberty, and individual rights. He also represents clients in complex business litigation, employment disputes, and bankruptcy matters, as well as in business transactions and estate planning.
Before starting his own practice, Tyler worked for six years, first as an associate attorney and then partner, at a civil litigation firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina, where he primarily represented railroads and other clients in the transportation industry. Much of this work focused on wrongful death and serious personal injury cases as well as employment law, including matters arising under Title VII and the ADA. He later practiced with a financial services law firm after serving as Senior Trial Counsel with a national, non-profit public interest organization. Additionally, Tyler was an attorney with a business law firm in Raleigh, providing litigation support to a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee. He has been an Adjunct Professor at Trinity International University's Trinity Law School, and he previously served as an Adjunct Instructor at the University of Memphis School of Law. ?
A Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and Past President of the Eastern District of North Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Tyler previously served on the Section Council of the North Carolina Bar Association's Appellate Practice Section and currently serves on the NCBA's Appellate Rules Committee.
Tyler graduated summa cum laude from Wake Forest University, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Latin with Departmental Honors. At Wake Forest, he was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa and received the M.D. Phillips Prize in Classical Languages. He received his J.D. in 2006 from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he served on the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law as an Articles Editor. He further holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Taxation.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Estate Planning
- Trusts, Wills
- Federal Practice
- State Bar of Michigan
- ID Number: P82567
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- ID Number: 37604
- South Carolina
- South Carolina Bar
- ID Number: 100557
- Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee
- ID Number: 025291
- Villanova University School of Law
- LL.M. (2020) | Taxation
- Vanderbilt University Law School
- J.D. (2006) | Law
- Wake Forest University
- B.A. (2003) | Latin
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; M.D. Phillips Prize in Classical Languages
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Catholic Bar Association
- Federalist Society
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.