Free Consultation: (847) 390-8500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brandon K. Davis

Brandon K. Davis

The Davis Law Group, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets...
  • Illinois, Wisconsin
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Brandon is a knowledgeable and skilled attorney. He has an in-depth knowledge of DUI law, traffic law and Secretary of State matters.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Brandon K. Davis is an Attorney at The Davis Law Group, P.C. where he represents clients charged with DUI, criminal and traffic-related offenses. Mr. Davis regularly represents those facing the suspension, revocation or cancellation of their driving privileges. Mr. Davis received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a major in Political Science and a minor in Business. Mr. Davis received his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law. Mr. Davis is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association as well as the Chicago Bar Association.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
- Current
Criminal Defense Law Firm
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Activities: President of the Corporate Law Society.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
major in Political Science and a minor in Business
Certificate of Service
Chicago-Kent College of Law
Excellence for the Future Award
Professional Associations
Chicago Bar Association
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Driver's License Law, Ready-to-Work Training Webinar, Chicago, Illinois
Illinois Legal Aid Online
Illinois license suspension, revocation, and cancellation.
Legal Answers
217 Questions Answered

Q. What's the worst possible penalty for a first time DUI in IL?
A: Most first time DUI offenses are charged as a Class A misdemeanor - maximum 12 months in jail and a $2500 fine (but may be upgraded to a felony offense if one of a number of aggravating factors are present). All sentences can require an alcohol/drug evaluation, treatment, attendance at a victim impact panel and court costs. Additional penalties such as community service may be imposed depending on certain factors as well. A 6 or 12 month license suspension will be imposed depending on whether you took and failed or refused the evidentiary breath test. A conviction for DUI will result in a one year license revocation independent of the license revocation. As you can see, there are MANY possibilities. An attorney will be able to help navigate the process, minimize the penalties and work to avoid a conviction through trial or negotiation.
Q. What types of steps are police officers allowed to take to confirm someone has been driving under the influence?
A: Please be more specific so we can try to provide the information you need. Of course, police will take a variety of steps to gather evidence of DUI including field sobriety tests and a breath test.
Q. Will I need the money for a traffic ticket (speeding) when I go to court, or can I pay it afterwards?
A: The Judge will almost always allow time for payment of any fines or court costs. Be sure to request time from the Judge when you appear in front of him or her.
Q. My son is 14y/o . Took my car without permission. Got tickets Driving without license, curfew and illegal turn. What ca
A: As my colleagues have pointed out, there are a variety of possibilities. The goal is to avoid a conviction on any of the offenses and minimize the consequences. There are options. For example, it may be possible to resolve the matter favorably by having your son complete community service hours. You should seek legal representation to ensure the best possible result.
Q. What would be the best way & proper way for a minor to ask for court supervision on a misdemeanor speeding ticket?
A: The goal may not just be to simply request supervision from the Judge, but to negotiate a reduction of the offense from a misdemeanor to a petty offense with the prosecutor, if possible. Your parent or legal guardian must be present in court as well.
Q. For a required court appearance, if the officer does not show up can the case be dismissed?
A: Sometimes. It depends on a few factors including the courthouse, judge and prosecutor. Also, the type of offense (petty vs. misdemeanor). Certain prosecutors in certain courthouses will routinely agree to dismiss petty offenses if the officer is not present. But that is not true everywhere.
Q. What are the chances a 17 year old would receive a suspended license for his first citation (of 27 over)? in IL
A: For those under the age of 21, two convictions for moving violations within 24 months will result in a license suspension. So, while a license suspension is not a concern for a 1st offense, speeding 26-34 mph over the limit is a Class B misdemeanor (criminal offense). Technically, you are facing up to 6 months in jail and a $1,500 fine, but this is the MAXIMUM penalty and extremely unlikely. The goal is to avoid a criminal conviction, keep your record clean and reduce the penalties, which can also include fines, community service and traffic school. Contact an attorney that practices in the courthouse where your case is pending.
Q. My court date for a suspended license is on December 14. 1500 fee. Do I have to pay this fee before December 14?
A: As my colleagues have pointed out, the $1500 amount is the bond. You likely did not need to post a cash bond but, instead, you received a signature bond (aka I-Bond, personal recognizance bond) that allowed for your release.
Q. Under what situations could a traffic ticket potentially get dismissed?
A: As my colleagues have pointed out, there are a wide range of possibilities. Your specific situation can be best analyzed through a consultation with an attorney that practices in the courthouse where your ticket is assigned. Best of luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Davis Law Group, P.C.
Main Office
191 Waukegan Rd
Northfield, IL 60093
Telephone: (847) 390-8500
Fax: (847) 390-8100
The Davis Law Group, P.C.
Chicago Office
420 W Huron St
Chicago, IL 60654
Telephone: (312) 736-2052