Mr. Thomas is an experienced criminal defense attorney that handles serious cases involving drugs, firearms, fraud, white collar crime, violence, and sex crimes.
Mr. Thomas received his law degree from Emory University School of Law. He also received his bachelors degree, cum laude, in political science from the State University of New York at Albany (SUNY).
Mr. Thomas is a former Assistant Federal Defender for the Middle District of Alabama (Montgomery). As a federal defender, Mr. Thomas handled serious felony cases ranging from white collar crime to drug and firearm cases where defendants were facing life sentences. Prior to this, he was an Assistant Public Defender for the Eastern Judicial Circuit of Georgia (Savannah), where he exclusively handled felony cases and served as lead attorney on jury trials.
Mr. Thomas was also formerly a plaintiff's attorney on Wall Street at Pelton & Graham in New York, where he litigated class action law suits to recover overtime wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Prior to working on Wall Street, Mr. Thomas was a Judicial Clerk at the EEOC for the Honorable Donna N. Dawson, Supervisory Administrative Judge, and drafted opinions on behalf of Judge Dawson ruling on Title VII discrimination claims.
Mr. Thomas has been studying Spanish for seven years, and is intermediate in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish. He enjoys conversing with his latino clients in Spanish, and is working towards eventually becoming fluent in Spanish.
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crime
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- The Law Offices of Brandon A. Thomas, P.C.
- Emory University
- J.D. (2010) | Law
- State University of New York - Albany
- B.A. (2007) | Political Science
- Honors: Cum laude
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA-GA)
- State Bar of Georgia # 742344
- Moot Court and Mock Trial Judge/Moderator, Savannah Law School
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Law Offices of Brandon A. Thomas, P.C. Website