Free Consultation: (503) 200-8398Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brad  Holbrook

Brad Holbrook

  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Probate
  • California, Oregon
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A

Brad C. Holbrook is an attorney who cares about helping clients get from point A to point B in thier lives and navigate all the legal hurdles that might be in the way. He is licensed in both Oregon and California.

"I specialize in personal injury law becasue I know that when a person is injured in an accident, especially seriously injured, s/he needs a very strong advocate to help them with all the legal aspects--and there are many-- while they focus on getting better and/or dealing with events in their life that need immediate and undivided attention. The insurance company will make an injured person think that they don't need an attorney. I believe, while there are well-intended, honorable insurance claims adjusters, you always need to have an experiecned attorney in your corner--as your advocate--in all personal injury claims you are involved in where someone else is at-fault."

The Holbrook Law Firm can help people experiencing a family law matter, such as divorce and/or child custody, and/or the loss of a loved one that requires an estate to be probated. The Holbrook Law Firm helps all that they can, and if we can't help in a particular area of law, we will attempt to find someone who can do a great job for you.

The legal system can be very intimidating--and down-right scary, The Holbrook Law Firm wants to make the process as easy as possible.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • FreeConferenceCall
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Free Consultation
    Free intial consulation for all personal injury matters.
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal Injury cases are all handled on a contingency basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered
Q. Can a Jane Doe civil action be transfered between federal venues while maintaining Jane's anonymity?
A: Your questions rasie some questions. You mentioned "civil action" without specifically referencing what type of claim it is and why the Vermont has any jursidiction. If you have no ties to Vermont, then you cannot be subjected to personal jurisdiction there unless you consent and/or somehow availed yourself to the state in such a way that it would not be unjust to force you to defend yourself there. It sounds like you might have a lawyer? I would suggest that you find a lawyer who is admitted to the federal court in that state. If the forum is more convenient in Oregon, and there are factors that make it appropriate (accident/injury occurred there, contract signed there, etc), the court would likely grant it. If the move is simply to make the case more difficult on the plaintiff, and Vermont is an appropriate forum, then it might be tough to move it over here. As far as filing a motion to change venue without the other parties knowing it is you, I think that would be hard to do because you would have to serve it on the other side and give them a chance to respond. I hope this guides you, it is tough to provide concrete answers without more details. You'll most likley need to consult with an attorney on this matter. Federal court varies from state court in many ways, and not all attorneys practice in federal court. It has different filing time, and requirments, so find an attorney who can help you in the federal system. I wish you the very best on this matter. ... Read More
Q. I was just given a citation today for a accident I was in last month and the date is incorrect. I live in Oregon.
A: I understand your question to be does the fact the date is wrong on your citation affect whether it is valid? If the date is wrong on the citation, it does not mean the citation is simply going to be thrown out. The officer can amend the citation. There are many defenses to a traffic citation, and you may have a few of them available to you. Being in a accident places you in a more difficult spot to defend a citation when the cause of the accident might be apparent from the scene, such as running over a fire hydrant. You should seek the advice and counsel of an attorney who specializes in traffic citations. The attorney can present you with best approach to your situation. Wish you the very best. ... Read More
Q. How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?
A: Most claims for negligence in Oregon must be filed within two (2) years of the accident. So, you should file the complaint in court by 3/21/2025; however, you would want to resolve this claim much sooner. You also should consult with a lawyer about your rights and options. If this matter involves a city or state, you will need to file a tort claim notice within 180 days. This notice apprises the agency of potential lawsuit so they can resolve it without incurring additional expenses. The sidewalk liability is somethng you need to determine, some cities like Portland, have a city charter that affects the liability for maintaning sidewalks. I wish you the best moving forward with this claim. I am glad that you are seeking answers now. I hope your wrist surgery went well and you experience a full recovery. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
901 N. Brutscher Street
Ste D237
Newberg, OR 97132
Toll-Free: (503) 200-8398
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.