Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the Texas Supreme Court and all inferior Texas state courts, the Northern District of Texas and the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Admitted to the State Bar of Texas November 3, 1990.
Have won appeals, trials, and a probation revocation in Texas state courts, have undone criminal convictions with Texas state postconviction writs of habeas corpus.
Former Matagorda County Assistant District Attorney, Section Chief of State Counsel for Offenders forAppeals and Sexually-Violent-Predator Civil Commitment and also former criminal trial lawyer at State Counsel for Offenders.
Lifelong domiciliary of Texas, born in Houston, grew up in Deer Park, Texas, lives in Conroe, have also lived in Bay City, Dallas, and Houston, Family has owned real estate in Montgomery County, Texas since 1970.
B.A. in philosophy, Austin College in Sherman (Trustees' Merit Scholarship), J.D., South Texas College of Law--Houston (South Texas Law Review member, American Jurisprudence Award winner in Civil Procedure I).
Former speech and drama coach, English and history teacher at St. Thomas High School (Catholic) in Houston.
Founded and maintained award-winning law blog "Courts and Writing."
Member: Federalist Society, State Bar of Texas, including Appellate, Criminal Justice, Juvenile, and Litigation sections, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, former board member Montgomery County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Taught Continuing Legal Education class about Ineffective Assistance of Counsel, Sept. 16, 2016, at the Matagorda and Wharton County Criminal Appointments Class.
Won Beautiful Baby Contest in 1959.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Chinese: Written
- English: Spoken, Written
- German: Written
- Spanish: Written
- Managing Member
- Bob Mabry Attorney at Law PLLC
- - Current
- South Texas College Of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Austin College
- B.A. (1981) | philosophy
- Honors: Trustees' Merit Scholarship
- Texas State Bar # 12750980
- - Current
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel, Matagorda-Wharton Counties' Appointments Qualification Class, Matagorda Bay Nature Park
- Matagorda County Bar Association
- Courts and Writing
- Hello! I Must Be Going!
18 June 2019
- Commercial Lease Breach Allows Termination and Texas Supremes Want More Detail to Support Attorney Fee Awards
26 April 2019
- Badass Brett Busby Comes to the Supreme Court of Texas
6 April 2019
- Finality in Federal District Judgments for Purposes of Appeal: the General Rule
7 March 2019
- Former Justice of the Thirteenth Court of Appeals Greg Perkes Appointed to Chief Justice Dori Contreras's Old Seat There
1 February 2019
- Counting Days in the State Appellate Courts of the Lone Star State
31 January 2019
- In Texas, Sometimes the Cops Can Hunt You Down with Your Cell Phone without a Warrant.
23 January 2019
- Appealing from Some of Texas's Lowest Trial Courts- Justice Courts
20 January 2019
- In Plea Bargaining Down to a Lesser Included Offense, Does a Defendant Waive Absolutely All Possible Punishment Error of Any Kind?
17 January 2019