Beth CohnProfessional Experience
- Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Tax Law
Beth S. Cohn, after practicing in a small boutique tax and commercial practice, joined Jaburg & Wilk in 1995. As both a Tax Specialist certified by the State Bar of Arizona - Arizona Board of Legal Specialization and a Certified Public Accountant, she has expertise in business and real estate transactions as well as tax planning for businesses and their owners. She has represented clients from the start-up phase of their business to growing into multi-million dollar companies. These are long time clients and Beth has been an integral part of that growth. She has assisted them with mergers, acquisitions and sales, real estate transactions, entity formation to maximize tax advantages, stock sales, leases, and like-kind exchanges. Beth's clients include contractors, real estate developers, businesses, medical groups and insurance agencies. Beth's expertise and wide range of experience in structuring business entities and succession plans allows her clients to take advantage of tax and business opportunities, as well as protecting the individual business owner's assets from the reach of creditors. She assists individuals and their closely held businesses by providing integrated business and asset protection, succession planning, business planning and estate planning. She has appeared on television on business, tax planning and estate planning topics, including the use of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, gifting strategies and other effective estate planning techniques. She authored Charitable Gift Planning, which appeared in the Arizona Attorney and has spoken locally on a number of topics. Beth has been appointed to the Tax Law Advisory Commission for the Arizona State Bar. She is a member of the Board of Directors of AZCrew, the premier Arizona association for female real estate professionals, Valley Estate Planners, and Central Arizona Estate Planning Council. She is on the Board of Directors of and the Professional Advisory Committee to the Jewish Community Foundation and is on the Professional Advisory Committee to the Arizona Community Foundation. Beth is also a partner in Social Venture Partners, a local philanthropic organization which supports local charities. (Certified Specialist, Tax Law Arizona Board of Legal Specialization)
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Business Planning
- Corporate Transactions
- Professional Experience
- Board Certified Tax Specialist/ Certified Public Accountant/ Expertise in business and real estate transactions and tax planning for businesses and their owners/ Represents clients from the start-up phase of their business to growing to have multiple entities: lease negotiations and documentation, complex transactions of like-kind exchanges, stock sales, real estate development, and formation of numerous entities/ Clients include contractors and construction companies, real estate developers, real estate companies, trucking companies, physicians, and insurance agencies, many of whom she has represented for more than 20 years/ TV commentator on business, tax planning, and estate planning topics, including the use of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, gifting strategies and other effective estate-planning techniques/ Authored the article "Charitable Gift Planning," which appeared in the October 1999 issue of Arizona Attorney
- Arizona State University
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Certified Specialist, Tax Law, AZ Board of Legal Specialization
- Arizona State Bar
- Professional Activities
- Beth Cohn
- Activities: Appointed to the Tax Law Advisory Commission for the Arizona State Bar Active member of AZCrew, the premier Arizona association for female real estate professionals, and Valley Estate Planners Member, Board of Directors Executive Committee and the Professional Advisory Committee, Jewish Community Foundation Member, Professional Advisory Committee to the Arizona Community Foundation Central Phoenix Womens' Networking Group 2010 Top People to Know in Commercial Real Estate
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.