- Consumer Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
- Massachusetts, New York
Bernadette Stark was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and received her Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, from the State University of New York at Binghamton (SUNY) in 1998. She received her Juris Doctor degree, with a concentration in Public Interest Law, from Cornell Law School in 2001. Attorney Stark is admitted to practice law in both Massachusetts and New York, as well as the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Prior to starting her own practice, Attorney Stark was a Staff Attorney at Western MA Legal Services, where she represented low-income survivors of domestic violence in domestic relations disputes and immigration matters for 6 years. Attorney Stark is a member of the Immigration Working Group of the Massachusetts Law Reform Instituteâs Family Law Task Force. She was recognized for her work in 2007 and was awarded the Sarah Betsy Fuller Social Justice Award. She was also honored in 2008 as a âWoman of Justiceâ by Massachusettsâ Lawyers Weekly, an award given to individuals who have made meaningful and inspiring contributions in the fields of social justice and advocacy.
Attorney Stark also works with the Student Legal Services Office at the University of Massachusetts as a Senior Staff Attorney and represents students before trial, appellate, and administrative tribunals across the Commonwealth. She works primarily in the areas of Immigration, Landlord/Tenant Law and Family Law.
Attorney Stark also participates in a wide range of pro bono activities. She participates in the Massachusetts Bar Association's Dial-A-Lawyer project, as well as the Senior Partners for Justice Lawyer for the Day program. She is a panel attorney for Safe Passage, a local domestic violence shelter and also accepts pro bono cases.
When she is not working, volunteering or attending continuing legal education courses, Bernadette is home caring for her two wonderful boys. She is also the Commissioner of the Mary Vazquez Women's Softball League in Northampton, MA, and encourages women of all abilities to engage in this wonderful sport.
Attorney Stark helps clients with cases pending primarily (but not exclusively) in Hampshire County, Hampden County and Franklin County Massachusetts.
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Nursing Home Abuse
Free 60 minute consultation
- Not Currently Accepting Clients
In certain cases only
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Accepts flexible retainers Also offers payment plans
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Cornell Law School
- J.D. (2001)
- State University of New York - Binghamton
- B.A. | English Literature and Philosophy
- Honors: Cum Laude
- 2010 Gideon's Trumpet Award
- Senior Partners for Justice
- Awarded to individuals who demonstrate an "extraordinary commitment to access for justice for all."
- Women of Justice Award
- Massachusetts Lawyers' Weekly; Women's Bar Association
- This award was given to individuals who have made meaningful and inspiring contributions in the fields of social justice and advocacy.
- Diversity Hero Award
- Massachusetts Lawyers' Weekly
- Sarah Betsy Fuller Social Justice Award
- Cornell Law School
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.