Benjamin has always stood up for what’s right – he finds real meaning in helping the good guys win! He’s always been guided by a clear sense of right and wrong, from his time in the U.S. Army to his time as a Commonwealth Attorney (prosecutor), to his current position at J. Madison PLC.
Before starting at J. Madison PLC, Benjamin worked at the Arlington Commonwealth Attorney’s Office for five years. As a Commonwealth Attorney, he helped the victims of violent, non-violent, and financial crimes find justice. He also tried hundreds of traffic cases and specialized in DUI cases. Prior to that, Benjamin worked for the Corporate Litigation Counsel for State Farm Insurance. Benjamin also worked at the Law Office of Mark S. Moeller in 2008 on civil litigation matters prior to attending law school.
In 2012, Benjamin graduated from the George Mason University School of Law, now known as the Antonin Scalia Law School in the top half of his class. While at law school, he took numerous classes on litigation and trial practice. He also participated in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Society and was part of the Federalist Society. Benjamin earned his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of New Hampshire, Durham, in 2007.
Not strictly a “desk guy,” Benjamin served for seven years as an enlisted member of the New Hampshire Army National Guard, from 2002 to 2009. He was deployed domestically several times for weather-related disaster relief, and he was deployed for 12 months to Afghanistan, as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. During this time, he rapidly moved up the ranks from Private E-1 to Staff Sergeant E-6, was promoted to Squad Leader, and earned several medals, including the Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal, the Army Achievement Medal, and the Army Commendation Medal.
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Free Consultation
We give free consultations on Criminal, traffic, civil rights and DUI cases only. We charge a fee for employment law.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney
- Commonwealth Attorney's Office for Arlington County and the City of Falls Church
- As an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, Benjamin was responsible for the enforcement of all the criminal and traffic laws within Arlington County and the City of Falls Church. Collateral to the criminal prosecutions, he reviewed and revoked concealed handgun permits, worked on record expungements, and prosecuted civil asset forfeitures.
- Enlisted Soldier
- United States Army, New Hamphsire National Guard
- Benjamin started his career in the Army as an Private (E-1) grade interior electrician with the 210th Engineer Detachment. He received his sergeant's stripes when he was field promoted in Afghanistan following an injury to his team leader. Shortly after returning from Afghanistan, he was promoted to Staff Sergeant and became a squad leader and general construction supervisor.
- George Mason University School of Law
- J.D. (2012) | Law
- Activities: Federalist Society, Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, Trial Advocacy
- University of New Hampshire
- B.A. (2008) | Political Science, Justice Studies
- Principles of Government Service Award
- Arlington Police Department
- Outstanding Service Award
- Arlington Bar Association
- Arlington Bar Association
- - Current
- J. Madison PLC