Free Consultation: (951) 414-3440Tap to Call This Lawyer
Barak J Berlin

Barak J Berlin

Law Offices of Barak Berlin
  • Consumer Law, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI...
  • California
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Barak J. Berlin is the Senior Trial Attorney for Kaufman & Kavicky with offices in Los Altos and Temecula. Barak graduated from Boston University in 1995 with a dual degree in Political Science and International Relations and a minor in Religion. After working in Washington, D.C. at one of the top Intellectual Property Law Firms in the country and at Special Olympics International, Barak returned to Los Angeles to attend Loyola Law School. Barak graduated from Loyola Law School, passed the California State Bar in 2001, and was hired by the San Bernardino County Public Defender’s Office. Barak has worked almost exclusively representing consumers in everything from Tobacco Litigation, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Debt Collection Harassment, Fair Credit Reporting, Bankruptcy, and Foreclosure Defense/Loan Modifications. Barak is a member of the Temecula Chamber of Commerce, Southwest Riverside County Bar Association, Southwest Riverside County Association of REALTORS®, and the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA). He is the Temecula Chamber of Commerce representative on the Board of the Temecula Citizen Corps, as well as a former Board Member of the Wildomar Chamber of Commerce.

Practice Areas
  • Consumer Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Traffic Tickets
Additional Practice Areas
  • Auto Fraud
  • Lemon Law
  • Free Consultation
    One hour free consultation.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Barak Berlin
- Current
Deputy Public Defender
San Bernardino County Public Defender's Office
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
J.D. (2001) | Law
Boston University
B.A. (1995) | Political Science & International Relations
Professional Associations
State Bar of California # 216115
National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Current
Southwest Riverside County Bar Association
- Current
Temecula Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Wildomar Chamber of Commerce
Board Member
Websites & Blogs
California Lemon Lawyers
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. Can I make a small claim on a used car fraud?
A: While you can file a small claims case on this issue, you may have a case which an attorney can assist you with. Our firm handles auto fraud and we would be glad to review your case. Additionally, you can search the "Find an Attorney" section on NACA ( for other attorneys who handle auto fraud. For a free consultation, email all of your purchase documents to me at along with a summary of what happened when you purchased the car and the issues you have been having.
Q. California resident with a new vehicle that has been to the shop 6 times for electrical issues. Is it covered lemon law?
A: It never hurts to talk to an attorney in these cases. Most (including our office) offer free consultations. If you do decide to deal directly with the manufacturer, remember, you are entitled to everything you have paid or is payable on the vehicle. If they offer anything less, talk to an attorney. While this is not a guarantee, if you have gone in six times for the same issues and it is still not fixed, you probably have a good case. You should also remember that in a lemon law case, the manufacturer will pay your attorney fees and costs if you settle or win at trial.
Q. How is milage usages computation. Is it amount of car * (miles on car at first repair - miles on car when I bought it /
A: You are close. It is the amount of miles you have driven before you bring in your car for the first repair, divided by 120,000 (the statutory life of a car). As the manufacturer has to pay attorney fees and costs if they lose, I highly recommend you hire an attorney. Feel free to check out our website for more information:
Q. Purchasing new vehicle from a dealer that I suspect has been damaged and repaired, I asked, are they required to answer?
A: They are absolutely required to answer your question. The Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act gives you powerful remedies.
Q. Cable company sent me a bill for over $700, I do not have service with them, I've been with another cable company.
A: Send a dispute to the collection agency. Request proof of the debt and the name and address of the original creditor (or cable company). Send the letter certified mail, return receipt requested. If you need to contact an attorney, go to for a consumer attorney in your area. Most will give a free consultation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
28693 Old Town Front Street
Suite 400-C
Temecula, CA 92590
Telephone: (951) 414-3440