Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&A
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Video Chat and Conferencing
- Google Hangouts
- Microsoft Teams
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Personal Injury cases only
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Iowa
- ID Number: AT0014478
- English: Spoken, Written
- Legal Intern
- Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission
- Created the Approved Wagering List used by licensed sports wagering operators and casinos; aided Commission Administrator in approval process of new wagering requests • Interpreted statutes and rules regarding sports wagering and served as a contact point for sportsbooks, international integrity monitoring companies, and professional sports leagues
- Student Attorney
- Drake Legal Clinic
- • Advocated in divorce mediation for non-English speaking client, successfully acquiring primary custody of adolescent children and substantial monthly marital and child support • Obtained considerable visit time for formerly estranged mother in custody trial against opposing party and custodial parent father’s wishes • Secured sizeable child support amount and sole physical custody of children in temporary matters hearing for domestically-abused client suffering from severe trauma • Wrote demand letters and stopped aggressive landlord from attempting to extort unnecessary payments from developmentally delayed military veteran tenant
- Drake University Law School
- J.D. (2020) | Law
- Honors: Dean's Scholarship
- Activities: Neal & Bea Smith Advanced Civil Clinic
- University of Iowa
- B.A. (2017) | Journalism; Sports Studies
- Honors: Dean's List; Carver Scholar; Adler Scholar
- Activities: - University of Iowa Alcohol Reduction & Harm Committee - 2014 Iowa Media Award Recipient - NCAA Championships Swimming & Diving PA Announcer - Roy J. Carver Scholar - Phi Kappa Psi, Iowa Alpha Fraternity - 2016 Grand Arch Council - Social Chairman & Recording Secretary - Recruitment Scholarship Coordinator - Recruitment Scholarship Director - Grant Wood Elementary Volunteer - LGBTQ Safe-Zone Certified - Volunteer Youth Basketball Coach
- Outstanding Council Member
- University of Iowa Fraternity & Sorority Life
- As the President of the University of Iowa's Interfraternity Council for 2016, I received the award for Outstanding Council Member.
- Iowa Media Award: Outstanding Broadcast
- Iowa High School Athletic Association
- Our broadcasts of Albia Blue Demons' sports at KIIC 96.7 Radio received a 2014 Iowa Media Award from the IHSAA for Outstanding Broadcast.
- Iowa State Bar
- Iowa Association for Justice
Articles & Publications
- Grassley visits Relco Locomotives
- Albia Newspapers
- LGBTQ+ Safe-Zone Certified
- LGBTQ+ Iowa
Websites & Blogs
- Balduchi Law Office, P.C. website
4 Questions Answered
- Q. AFFIRMED IN PART AND REVERSED IN PART.What does that mean?
- A: When a ruling has been appealed and is "Affirmed in Part and Reversed in Part", it means that a portion of the appealed ruling has been affirmed, meaning confirmed here; and part of the appealed ruling has been Reversed, meaning that part of the original ruling is no longer valid. I would need more context to determine what the meaning of the affirmation & reversal in part mean specifically for your case.
- Q. my soon to be ex wife has let a multiple time felon move in before divorce is over. can i get custody of my children
- A: Do you currently have an attorney for the ongoing divorce? Or has this divorce process not yet started? If you have not retained an attorney or started the divorce process, I advise seeking one ASAP and having them file for divorce. From there, after some administrative hoops are jumped through and your ex-to-be has been served notice of the divorce proceedings, your attorney can ask the court for a hearing on temporary matters -- your fear for your children's safety around this new boyfriend of your ex-to-be could bode well for you in regards to acquiring custody in the temporary matters hearing. There are many factors the Court will consider in making these determinations. It is absolutely possible for you to get custody, as the Court will do its best to decide what is in the best interest of the children. As for keeping the new boyfriend away from your children, if and when they are with your ex-to-be, this would be more difficult unless he has put them in harm's way or unless the Court finds that he is unfit to be around the children. Again, I would advise contacting an attorney ASAP as these are issues that family law attorneys deal with regularly.
- Q. Can I be forced to take my parenting time during Covid?
- A: The Court may find you in contempt of the decree/custody schedule even with the doctor-prescribed quarantine. I would advise seeking counsel to represent your interests to the Court and describe the nuances of your current COVID-riddled situation. It is possible that a modification of the decree may also be sought by your child's mother if she is going to continue to have 100% custody -- this modification effort could include asking you to pay child support since your visitation/care has dwindled. As for the child care expenses, this may prove to be a complicated issue since neither of you owe the other support in the decree. The deciding factor could hinge on who was to pay for child care in the decree, but based on your question I am guessing there is supposed to be a flat 50/50 split on the child care expenses? If so, then it is possible you may be ordered to pay half. I would also recommend seeking counsel to represent your interests on this issue. Please feel free to reach out if you are interested in discussing in more detail.
Contact & Map