Free Consultation: (937) 502-1040Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anthony C. Satariano

Anthony C. Satariano

Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • Florida, Ohio
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Anthony is an Associate Attorney at Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC. His practice primarily focuses on family law matters (custody, support, divorce/dissolution), misdemeanor criminal defense, estate planning an civil litigation.

Anthony is a Miami Valley native and graduated from Cedarville High School. After earning an undergraduate degree from Ohio University in Marketing and Pre-Law, Anthony enrolled at the University of Dayton School of Law. At UDSL, Anthony served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review, a member of the Moot Court Competition Team, a teaching assistant, a Dean's Fellow and the Chief Justice of the Honor Council. Anthony also graduated in the top 5 of his class. After graduation, Anthony went on to take and pass both the Ohio and Florida bar exams.

Anthony is an active member in the community. He is a member of the Sons of Italy, the Greene County Fish and Game Association and the Xenia Chamber of Commerce. Anthony also serves as the President of Networking Pros chapter of Business Networking International.

Professionally, Anthony is a member of the Greene County Bar Association, the Dayton Bar Association, the Ohio Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Florida Bar Association. Anthony is also licensed to practice law in the U.S. Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 1015928
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
ID Number: 0097836
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC
- Current
University of Dayton School of Law
J.D. (2018)
Honors: Graduated with honors.
University of Dayton School of Law Logo
Ohio University
B.B.A. (2015) | Marketing and Business Pre-Law
Ohio University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Ohio # 0097836
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Ferguson & Ferguson - Firm Website
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. In ohio doing my own dissolution paperwork, do I need to fill out the forms for child support if we are not doing it?
A: The answer is, most likely yes. In a dissolution, the parties largely get to control the terms of the agreement. But, all domestic relations courts require that you disclose a wide variety of information and complete all of their required forms. The court's website is your best resource as it should have a checklist of the exact forms you need. If you have concerns or questions, I suggest consulting with a domestic relations or family law attorney.
Q. I have a domestic violence case pending against someone and they have hired a lawyer as the accused ,does it get dropped
A: The short answer is no. If by "case" you mean there are criminal charges pending against the accused, then it is not uncommon at all to hire a defense lawyer. Hiring a defense lawyer does not meant the charges will be dropped. The court likely has a victim advocate too that will consult with you throughout the process to get your opinion. If by "case" you mean you have petitioned for a domestic violence civil protection order, then it is still not uncommon for the accused to hire a lawyer to help defend them. It does not necessarily mean you wont get the the protection order requested. If you have questions about your specific case, I suggest speaking with a family law/criminal lawyer in your area.
Q. I need to know how to file a motion
A: Many court websites will have basic forms that citizens can download or print off and use. In this, many courts have a general motion form that can be filled out. Or, you could hire an attorney who should be able to help you complete the process and help protect you. I strongly suggest you contact an attorney for assistance since a warrant is involved.
Q. Can a lawyer get away with it?
A: In Ohio, it is not uncommon for custody battles to end in this ways: 1) the parties come to an agreement that is read into the record in court, 2) the judge then orders an attorney to write up the agreement matching those terms before a specific date in the future and 3) the court set a hearing date down the road that they will cancel so long as the completed agreement is filed by then. So, the timeline you are describing sounds correct under the law. It sounds like you are approaching the future hearing date that would be cancelled if the agreement is submitted. In terms of the things added to the agreement, that would depend on what was added. Orders/Agreements in Ohio that deal with minor children have VERY strict requirements regarding what has to be included. During hearings, parties may agree to the major points (i.e. who gets custody, what visitation is, etc.) but they almost never address every single little point that needs to go into a final order. So, whether or not the attorney will be able to pursue you for fees depends on the additions. If she has added things that are required by law (i.e. health insurance language for instance) or if you have changed your mind and won't sign what you agreed to in court, then she potentially could try to pursue you. If she has made changes to things you specifically didn't agree to in court (i.e. visitation changes for instance) then she won't be able to complain to the court. I HIGHLY suggest speaking with an attorney ASAP to go over the specifics of your case given your timeline.
Q. Looking for legal advise concerning my family rights.
A: Your sibling is under absolutely no legal obligation to share any financial information with you regarding your mother's assets if she is still living. As far as the will, the same is true. However, if your mother has passed or does pass, then as a lineal descendant you would have rights to review, contest, and/or analyze the will and other documentation related to your mother's estate. Elder abuse or undue influence can be a addressed in many, many ways depending on the facts and circumstances. I suggests an attorney to discuss the specifics of your concerns.
Q. Does an unwed father in Ohio who has been in prison still have parental rights?
A: In Ohio, unwed mothers are deemed to have all of the custody rights until paternity of the father is proven and a court rules on parental rights. Going to prison, alone, does not terminate someone's ability to pursue custody of a child. I highly suggest you speak with a custody attorney to review all potential options such as a parenting agreement or potentially filing for custody first.
Q. I recently found out who my biological father is and he is elderly and in a home. The family wont let me see him
A: Unfortunately, the short answer is none. Everyone in the described fact pattern is an adult, meaning they can freely decide who they interact with. You do not have a protected "right" to meet him. While normally you may be given some say in his medical care as his only biological child, he has a POA naming a representative so that will trump any right you have to direct his care. Your best option is to consult with the other family members or try to reach out to him directly.
Q. If one gets a medical POA, outside of a will. Different person then in the will. Does it supersede the will? In Ohio
A: The person you are describing appears to have a few options based on the facts you have provided. First, if the person executed a new healthcare POA now naming an individual, it would supersede prior documents naming a different person as the POA. Second, the person can always create a new will naming whomever he wants to have an interest. That new will would effectively cancel out the old will if drafted correctly. This may be necessary based on the facts if he no longer wishes the people named prior to have any interest. I suggest consulting with an attorney to cover the options available.
Q. Hello I am getting a dissolution of my marriage. It is a no fault .There are no children and there will be no spousal su
A: The short answer is - Yes. Each court in Ohio has its own filing requirements to file a dissolution. All domestic relations courts in Ohio require an affidavit of income and expense be filed. While you may be agreeing to a dissolution with your spouse, technically a judge will still rule on it. The judge uses the affidavit of income and expense to help determine if the terms of the dissolution are fair and equitable before he approves it. The judge also uses the affidavit to ensure that all assets owned by either party have been properly dealt with in the dissolution agreement and that nothing has been forgotten or left out. If you do not file the affidavit, you risk your filings being rejected for being incomplete. However, you may want to discuss this with an attorney that practices in front of your court frequently to determine the specific local rules.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC
234 Dayton Ave.
Xenia, OH 45385
Telephone: (937) 502-1040