Free Consultation: (770) 648-5071Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anitra Walker

Anitra Walker

Walker Law LLC
  • Personal Injury, Collections, Traffic Tickets
  • Georgia, Maryland
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
Reviewed by C. C. February 4, 2020
Highly Recommended. Wonderful to work with!
I had a traffic matter that I needed a lawyer's help on. The first lawyer I consulted with was extremely rude. This being my first time hiring a lawyer, I was horrified. I decided to get a new lawyer. I was referred to Anitra. She is extremely kind, explained everything in a clear manner, and was responsive and available. She always kept me up to date on what was going on and I never felt unheard or confused. She got my case dropped in less than two weeks. She was wonderful to work with and you will not regret hiring her!
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Collections
  • Traffic Tickets
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • Zoom
  • FreeConferenceCall
  • Free Consultation
    There is no charge for a personal injury or collections consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    All personal injury cases are taken on a contingency basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Maryland Court of Appeals
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Walker Law LLC
- Current
Aubrey Thrasher LLC
- Current
Khano & Associates, LLC
Deming, Parker, Hoffman, Campbell & Daly, LLC
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Spelman College
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Atlanta Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. I have an outstanding debt with my old apartment. What should I do so that I’m able to move again.
A: Did the old apartment complex file an eviction and get a money judgment against you or did they sue you after you left and obtain a money judgment? If so, one option is to contact the old apartment complex in an attempt to reach a settlement of the debt. The settlement should require the apartment file a satisfaction of debt once they are paid. A settlement can be either a reduced lump-sum payment or an agreed-upon monthly payment amount. Once you have completed all payments, the apartment complex will file the satisfaction of debt. The fact that you resolved the matter with your old apartment complex will more than likely view favorably for potential landlords.
Q. I have a $13,000 debt to a credit union Over 2 years their law firm has served papers on me I phoned them to resolve
A: Unfortunately, contacting the law firm and requesting they set aside the debt, may not be enough to prevent a judgment against you. You will need to file an answer within 30 days of being served and the answer should include sufficient defenses. If an answer is not filed within the required timeframe, the credit union can move for a judgment by default. The good news is, if you don’t own real property, it appears you may be judgment proof at this time. Judgment proof simply means you do not have enough assets for a creditor to seize and/or the assets you do have are protected from being seized. If the credit union does obtain a judgment against you, they are unable to garnish your social security income. If your mother passes and leaves you a sum of money and you deposit those funds into your bank account, the funds would be subject to garnishment by the credit union. I suggest you immediately hire an attorney to assist you in responding to the initial complaint and for overall representation on this matter. It will also be helpful to have a conversation with your mother and encourage her to seek legal representation about the best way to transfer her assets to you so that they will be protected from your creditors.
Q. can the police give you a ticket and they didn't see you driving?
A: Yes, this happens all of the time in the case of car accidents. In most of these cases, police do not witness the actual accident. They must, to the best of their ability, determine the circumstances which caused the accident using their own observations upon arrival, the testimony of the drivers, and the testimony of witnesses (if any). If the police have given you a citation for an infraction they did not witness and you would like to contest the ticket, I strongly suggest you contact and hire a traffic attorney before moving forward.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Walker Law LLC
3645 Marketplace Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30344
Telephone: (770) 648-5071
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.