Free Consultation: (800) 769-4748Tap to Call This Lawyer
Angelina Bradley

Angelina Bradley

Domestic Violence, Military Divorce and Custody, and Victim Rights Attorney
  • Domestic Violence, Military Law, Family Law...
  • California, Colorado, DC
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

I am a retired Navy Judge Advocate helping families, working professionals, parentrepreneurs, and creatives attain work-life balance. I am a licensed attorney in California, Colorado, and the District of Columbia. I am also a certified as a mediator and peer specialist. I help my clients find a work-life balance goal, then craft solutions to empower them to attain those goals. For most of my clients, that means providing compassionate family law services to restructure a family: from marriage to divorce; reworking custody and visitation; adding a new member to the family through adoption; or restoring safety. I will guide you through this life transition by providing objectivity in an emotionally-charged while advocating for your interests. For clients not experiencing a family restructuring, it means using my lawyer's eagle-eye to ensure their Woman Owned Small Business application is complete. Still others rely on my legal advocacy skills craft persuasive letters of exemption to meet Small Business Association contracting requirements. Most of my clients need assistance making sure their online businesses are legally compliant so they can stay up, running, and bringing in money. Others need contracts for nannies and maintenance contractors that enable them to work more effectively outside the home. And some need a consultation with a certified peer specialist to help them define and focus on a work-life balance goal. I am here to help you live more effectively and leverage the law to bring you success. Let's grow together.

Practice Areas
  • Domestic Violence
  • Military Law
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Victims Rights
  • Veterans Benefits
  • Free Consultation
    Free in-office consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
10th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Family Law Attorney
- Current
Managing Partner
In Balance Legal
- Current
Managing Attorney
Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking
Supervised a comprehensive legal services program of six attorneys and two interns across two distinct practice groups that served the unique needs of persons trafficked for the purpose of modern-day slavery. Collaborated with, trained, and provided technical assistance to law enforcement, justice partners, community-based organizations, and private enterprise. Managed a team of staff attorneys, interns, and volunteer counsel. Oversaw programmatic budget, evaluated programs, and secured grant-based funding.
Family Law Attorney
Marjaree Mason Center
Provided holistic legal representation and services for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and sexual assault in Fresno County. Prepared legal documents; represented clients in contested bench trials. Assisted with volunteer training and management; advocated for clients with law enforcement and other agencies; provided training to other staff and the community; participated in community and agency committees.
Judge Advocate
U.S. Navy
University of Colorado Law School
J.D. (2009)
University of Colorado - Denver
M.A. (2009) | Public Administration
Metropolitan State College of Denver
B.A. (2006) | Psychology
Professional Associations
State Bar of Colorado # 41581
State Bar of California # 299538
Articles & Publications
Book Review: iPad in One Hour for Litigators
The Colorado Lawyer
Speaking Engagements
Legal Remedies for Human Trafficking Victims, University of Southern California Gould School of Law
International Human Rights Clinic
Bradley, A. Z. (2017, August)
Legal Remedies for Human Trafficking Victims for Pro Bono Attorneys, Los Angeles, CA
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
8-hour MCLE presented with Richard, S. (2017, August)
Websites & Blogs
Angelina Bradley's Website Profile
In Balance Legal
Doppelt and Forney San Diego Divorce Lawyers Website
Legal Answers
121 Questions Answered

Q. I seperated from my husband 12/6/17, moved out of the family house 03/12/18, filed first set of papers sometime
A: The court's self-help center gives a good overview on the steps in a divorce case. You can also hire an attorney to help you, in limited scope, to help you through the process. It's called divorce coaching, and it's a service I provide. Feel free to reach out.
Q. Can I press charges on my ex for domestic violence if it happened a year ago?
A: There are consequences to domestic violence findings for the perpetrators of that domestic violence, 2014 would still be within the 5-year presumption period. You should consult with a family law attorney well-versed in domestic violence cases to see if you have a case for modification of child support. You're welcome to reach out to me or to any number of attorneys on this site for more information. As for pressing charges, you'll need to reach out to the district or city attorney in your area. The crime's statute of limitations may have already passed and they may no longer be able to prosecute. Good luck.
Q. My ex said my parental rights are termed and she won't let me see them. How can I find out if I have right?
A: Those two statements are incompatible. If your parental rights are terminated, then you no longer have an obligation for child support. She may mean you have no visitation, in which case, you still have parental rights and obligations, and you would still owe child support. I practice in San Diego and you're welcome to reach out to me for a consultation.
Q. Can i get jurisdiction in California, my son was born there. And my husband had filed for divorce in New Mexico.
A: For California to have jurisdiction over the divorce, you’ll need to live in California in the county you wish to file in for here months prior to filing. For California to have jurisdiction over custody your son will have to have lived in California for six months prior to the date of filing and there can’t be another state claiming jurisdiction. So probably not.
Q. my husband walked out on me when I came home from the hospital with hospice my kidneys had completely shut down
A: If you are receiving government benefits for your medical conditions (SSI/SSDI, SNAP, MediCal), you'll likely qualify for a waiver of the $435.00, and you should apply for his waiver anyway given all of your hardships. You can go to the Contra Costa County Courthouse's self-help center for free legal information and guidance in filing yourself so you don't have to hire an attorney. You may want to reach out to the Department of Public Social Services to apply for aid from them if your financial situation is as dire as it is. As for a fee arrangement where the attorney places a lien on the sales from your home -- most attorneys are going to ask for payment in the form of a retainer upfront. You may be able to find an attorney by calling around and asking if they'll do what you ask, but most will not. The most common solution I see is that clients borrow from friends or family for the retainer, and pay back that loan when they received the proceeds from the sale. Good luck.
Q. I have primary physical and legal custody of my 12 year old. Do I have to let her father know if I'm moving out of Calif
A: The default answer is yes, but Check your court order. Some orders grant move-away ability to sole legal/physical custody if it’s flagged as an issue at the time of judgment.
Q. What type of attorney could handle a case against Child Support Services?
A: The ideal way to address this would be: 1) Obtain a copy of the minute order from the hearing support was ordered. 2) Obtain a transcript from the hearing support was ordered. 3) Review both, and make sure what was marked on the minute order is what was ordered at the hearing. 4) If it is, then you'll file a motion to enforce support as ordered. 5) If it isn't, then you'll file a motion to correct the support order. Good luck.
Q. Who can assist me in paper work for motion to seek leave of the court on a 2nd amend
A: Any attorney can assist. Some, like me, work on a limited scope basis so you can hire just for the purpose of writing the motion. You’d need to file, serve, and argue the motion on your own. If you’d like to work with me specifically, please reach out. Good luck.
Q. Does your offices assist in divorces for low income .
A: Hello. Justia is a place to find legal information and connect with attorneys. It is not a law firm. In family law, it is often difficult to find an attorney who will take a case pro bono. But you can find attorneys that work on sliding scale, payment plan, or limited scope arrangements. You can reach out to me and I can consult to see if a limited scope arrangement would work for you. You should also search the attorney directory for attorneys in your county that may be able to assist. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
In Balance Legal
2930 Barnard St
San Diego, CA 92110
Telephone: (323) 487-1171
Doppelt and Forney San Diego Divorce Lawyers
16466 Bernardo Center Dr
San Diego, CA 92128
Toll-Free: (800) 769-4748