Free Consultation: (248) 259-6367Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew M Steiger

Andrew M Steiger

Steiger Tax Law
  • Bankruptcy, Divorce, Family Law ...
  • Michigan
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Michigan Tax Attorney Andrew M. Steiger focuses his tax practice on tax resolution and planning, and estate planning. If you receive a notice from the IRS or state tax authority, contact Steiger Tax Law before paying any assessments or responding to the IRS. I provide a free consultation to determine the best course of action to reduce or eliminate tax debts, penalties and interest, and respond to liens, levies and notices.

My estate planning services include drafting wills and trusts, probate administration, and tax planning. If you need an estate plan or would like a review of your current estate plan, contact Michigan Estate Planning Attorney Andrew M. Steiger to discuss your options. Your estate plan may require updating from time to time depending on life events. I can evaluate your current plan to determine if it meets your goals.

Steiger Tax Law was founded in 2018 to provide clients with the highest level of service and responsiveness, combined with fair, upfront fees.  Attorney Andrew M. Steiger is licensed to practice law as a member of the Michigan state bar and is a member of the Taxation Section.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Tax Law
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I charge flat fees for many services and $200 hourly for non-flat rate fee services.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Michigan
ID Number: P73253
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Member
Steiger Tax Law
- Current
Senior Associate
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Senior Associate
Ernst & Young LLP
Dykema Gossett PLLC
Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (2009) | Law
Honors: cum laude, Order of the Coif
Activities: Law Review Editor
Wayne State University Law School Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
M.A. (2004) | Accounting
Honors: High Distinction
Activities: Graduate Student Instructor
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (2003) | Economics and History
Honors: Distinction
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Student Tax Award
State Bar of Michigan
Professional Associations
State Bar of Michigan  # P73253
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Steiger Tax Law
Steiger Tax Law Blog
Legal Answers
53 Questions Answered

Q. when i got divorced, was the judge supposed to set up visitation since the father got custody of the child
A: It sounds like the father obtained sole legal and sole physical custody. Generally the other parent receives parenting time to some extent unless the circumstances require otherwise.
Q. My ex won’t sign give me joint or rotate filing taxes I get her 3/4 nights and provide for her. What should I do next?
A: A good custody/support agreement includes enforceable provisions related to child tax credits/exemptions. Without one, you would defer to the general rules regarding who qualifies as a dependents and who can claim the children. You may have to go to court to have a judge order cooperation and completion of the passports, but expect a challenge if she believes you may not come back.
Q. I don't know where to start a divorce. concerns because my ex is being shady and we have a child
A: You start by filing a complaint and serving him. At that point you can begin negotiating child custody, property settlement, etc. If he files first, you would be the defendant but that likely won’t change the outcome related to child custody at all. Michigan is a no-fault divorce state. What people say outside the divorce will not matter to a judge.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Steiger Tax Law
743 Ballantyne Road
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
Telephone: (248) 259-6367
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.