(239) 770-7910
Offers Video Conferencing
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ana S. Mendieta

Ana S. Mendieta

The Mendieta Law Firm, PLLC
  • Immigration Law
  • Florida, Honduras
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
Susa Cortez June 16, 2020
It was a pleasure to meet the Lawyer Ana Mendieta in a difficult moment. The Lawyer Ana Mendieta is a Lawyer very dedicated to her cases. She helped my husband in a very difficult moment, my husband was in process of deportation in BTC and she helped him get released with legal residency, after being detained almost 6 months. She was very professional in the case of my husband and thanks to God and her dedication everything came out great. She never lost hope, she worked very hard and she was involved like it was her only case. We are very grateful with her. My husband is with us thanks to her. Our lives changed thanks to her
Nelson V. June 6, 2020
The Lawyer Ana Mendieta has good knowledge and now to resolve problems in a good time Ana Mendieta made a good explanation to the judge about my case during my time in detention. The Judge accepted the information prepared for Ana Mendieta and approved my release using a bond. Ana Mendieta was very involved in my case and due to this my case was resolved
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Ana S. Mendieta graduated with a Degree in Law from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras. Soon after graduation she worked for the Department of Justice in Honduras, serving as a Special Agent under the supervision of the Attorney General. There, she led investigations, which resulted in the prosecution of a number of individuals involved in various types of criminal activity, ranging from violent crimes to white-collar crime. After a successful tenure with the Office of the Attorney General, Ms. Mendieta moved on to the Supreme Court of Justice of Honduras where she served as a clerk to the Chief Justice and as the Executive Director of the Judicial Gazette of the Supreme Court. Through these positions, Ms. Mendieta compiled, edited, and published the first yearly judicial and administrative report of the Supreme Court to be published during Congressional meeting. Ms. Mendieta also edited and published the Judicial Gazette, which comprised briefs and decisions dealing with new Rules of Law as well as other topics of national interest, from those relating to judicial reforms taking place in Honduras to those dealing with women's and children's rights and the newly established Code of criminal procedures.
In the United States, Ms. Mendieta served as a volunteer for the Florida Guardian Ad Litem Program for the 20th Judicial Circuit in Collier County, Florida. As an officer of the court, she was appointed to represent the best interest of the child in dependency hearings. Being a multilingual advocate, many of the children represented were the progeny of immigration center detainees. Realizing that the amount of aid she was able to provide to the children and their families was limited – due to her status as a volunteer – Ms. Mendieta decided to pursue a law degree in the United States, which she obtained from the Ave Maria School of Law, in Naples, Florida and her License as an Attorney and Counselor at Law from the Florida Supreme Court of Justice.

Practice Area
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Meet
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • FreeConferenceCall
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Consultation Fee $150, Credited if we are able to service you further.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Immigration Attorney
The Mendieta Law Firm, PLLC
- Current
Certified Legal Internship
Legal Aid of Collier County
Immigration and Nationality Law
Directora de la Gazeta Judicial de la Corte Suprema de Justicia
Poder Judicial de Honduras
Editor in Chief of the quarterly Judicial Publication
Agente Especial
Procuraduria General de la Republica de Honduras
Pretrial research and investigation
Ave Maria School of Law
J.D. (2016) | Law
Ave Maria School of Law Logo
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras
J.D. (1993) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
St. Francis Cabrini Award
Ave Maria School of Law
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0127587
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collier County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Counsel of Hispanic Business Professionals
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
26 Questions Answered
Q. What is the best course of action with Adjustment of status?
A: Good afternoon,

Once he starts the process with the USCIS he must not leave as it will be considered abandoned.

Please consult with and immigration attorney in your area for proper process.

Congratulations and wish you the best.
Q. Hola Buenos dias me gustaria hacer una consulta el dia dia agosto 16 2022 mi esposo y yo ganamos la cancelacion
A: First and foremost, Congratulations to you and your spouse on winning a EOIR-42B, Cancellation of Removal and Adjustment of Status for Certain nonpermanent residents.

You have not received any documents as yet, because the Judge has not issued a decision in your case. Your case is pending in a queue based on the chronological order of their Cap Dates. When numbers become available, the Court will determine which reserved decisions may be issued based on their place in the queue.

So you can still file for Employment Authorization document as your case is "technically" still pending.

Again, Congratulations!


En primer lugar, felicitaciones a usted y a su cónyuge por ganar un EOIR-42B, Cancelación de deportación y ajuste de estatus para ciertos residentes no permanentes.

Todavía no ha recibido ningún documento, porque el juez no ha emitido una decisión en su caso. Su caso está pendiente en una cola según el orden cronológico de sus fechas límite. Cuando los números estén disponibles, el Tribunal determinará qué decisiones reservadas se pueden emitir en función de su lugar en la cola.

Por lo tanto, aún puede solicitar el documento de Autorización de Empleo ya que su caso está "técnicamente" aún pendiente.

De nuevo, ¡Felicidades!
... Read More
Q. hi, i gave asylum and i won green card but i don't know where to give the documents given to me i don't know how to get
A: Dear writer, I strongly suggest you contact an immigration attorney in your locality or go to a legal aid office for further assistance in obtaining your green card based on asylee status.

On the internet I found this information. I do really hope this helps you.

Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services

(617) 625-1920

275 West Broadway

Boston, MA 02127

View More Answers
Contact & Map
Immigration and Nationality Law Attorney
11983 Tamiami Trail North
Ste. 134
Naples, FL 34110
Telephone: (239) 770-7910
Cell: (239) 770-7910
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Saturday: By Appointment Only; Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.