Free Consultation: (910) 333-9679Tap to Call This Lawyer
Amanda Bowden Houser

Amanda Bowden Houser

The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • North Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

The Houser Law Firm, P.C. is a Professional Corporation and full service, General Practice law firm located in Jacksonville, that serves Onslow Jones and surrounding counties in South Eastern North Carolina. We know that in these tough economic times, saving money where ever possible is important to most people. Our philosophy has always been to provide our clients with prompt, courteous and professional legal services at an affordable fee. While we never compromise on our legal professionalism, we do strive to manage our cost and expenses so that we can offer high quality legal services at fees that are reasonable and affordable.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
    Most consultations are free. Separation Agreements and Custody cases have a $100 consultation fee. However, the consultation fee can be applied toward you quoted fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Most of our firm's fees are on a flat rate basis
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney and CEO
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
North Carolina Central University School of Law
J.D. (2011)
Placeholder image for education.
University of North Carolina - Wilmington
B.A. (2008)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Better Business Bureau
Websites & Blogs
The Houser Law Firm Website
Easy NC Divorce
Legal Answers
1232 Questions Answered

Q. I'm 55 years old I was just indicted on habitual dwi spanning out since 1990. Am I going to prison?
A: No, you can not avoid prison because of your age. You typically avoid prison by either not being convicted of something that requires prison time or convincing a Judge to be lenient when prision time is optional. As to how far they can go back, it depends on what you mean. If you mean can they charge you for a felony DWI you committed 30 years ago, then yes, they can go back as far as they want - there is no statute of limitations on felonies in North Carolina. If you mean can they use DWI's you were convicted of 30 years ago to make a current DWI charge 'habitual' - that is determined by the statute but likely also - yes. If you hire a good DWI attorney who can review your specific situation in detail and lay out your options for you, there may be something that can be done to keep you out of prison. However, if you are facing a conviction for habitual DWI then what you are up against from the state's perspective is that essentially it has come down to locking you up as the only way left to keep you from endangering others by driving while impaired. Best of luck.
Q. Wife got house in the separation but has been steadily behind on the payments, does that forfeit the house to husband
A: We'd need more information to answer your question. Your use of legal terminology is likely not accurate. For example, not sure what you mean by 'divorce papers'. Do you mean a Separation and Property Settlement Agreement? If so, if it isn't signed - how did she get the house in the separation? Regardless, unless there is specific language in a valid enforceable agreement or court order that says she forfeits the house for non-payment, then she likely does not forfeit the house for non-payment. However, that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't anything you can do about it. Your best bet is to consult with a local family law attorney who can review your situation in detail and lay out your options for you. Best of luck.
Q. Can i be convicted of a DUI for my own medication that states on the bottle to use care while operating a vessel in NC?
A: In NC it is DWI and the short answer is - yes. It doesn't really much matter what the impairing substance is. If the substance either appreciably impaired your ability to operate a vehicle or vessel or caused you to blow .08 or higher on a breath test after operating a vehicle or vessel, you can be found guilty. If you have been charged, your best bet is to consult with a local criminal law attorney in the county where you were charged. Best of luck.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
1007 Hargett Street
Suite 2
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Telephone: (910) 333-9679
Fax: (910) 333-8513
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.