Amanda B Cook

Amanda B Cook

Cook and Associates: Real Estate, Social Security, Immigration
  • Business Law, Trademarks, Intellectual Property ...
  • Alabama
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Cook and Associates provide a range of legal services to clients in Montgomery and throughout Alabama, including real estate transactions and litigation, business planning, contracts and contract litigation, immigration, estate planning and litigation, commercial real property, and copyrights/trademarks. We represent clients from small mom and pop restaurants to global manufacturing corporations.

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
    Intellectual Property
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Entertainment & Sports Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Social Security Disability
Additional Practice Area
  • Copyright Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    We will practice on contingency for some breach of contract/collection issues, real property insurance matters, and select personal injury cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Because of a large demand, we have to charge a consultation fee to keep our calendars manageable. All consult fees are credited towards flat fee cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Amanda B. Cook, Counselor at Law LLC
- Current
Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Faulkner University
J.D. (2012)
Placeholder image for education.
New York University
B.A. (2001) | Fine Arts
New York University Logo
Professional Associations
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Women's Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Registered Mediator
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Websites & Blogs
Cook and Associates, Attorneys at Law LLC
Legal Answers
95 Questions Answered
Q. Alabama Real Estate re: sales contract Is there an inherent “cooling off” period allowing either party to cancel
A: Usually there are provisions in the contract that allow to cancel for specific reasons, such as not passing inspection or clouded title. You really need a lawyer to read the whole contract in order to advise you of the specifics, as they can all be different.
Q. I am a professional that had an agreement with an attorney to provide expert medical testimony.
A: If you want to get out of the contract, then you should take the written agreement to a contract attorney who works in a different area than the attorney you are having trouble with, and see what they have to say about the terms. If you feel the conduct was unbecoming of an attorney enough to warrant a formal reprimand, then you should report that attorney to the state bar. Be aware this involves lots of paperwork and time. It may not really be worth it once you've had a chance to cool off a bit. Contacting the court is generally considered inappropriate for anyone involved with a lawsuit. This is not recommended. On a personal note, it's a pretty dumb move to threaten your own expert. There must be some other stressors involved with this behavior. If I were you I would just professionally and privately discuss your concerns with the other attorneys working the case. I'm sure they'll be apologetic and could limit your contact with that one particular lawyer if you decided you were willing to move forward with the reports and testimony.
Q. Want to Quickclaim one-ninth (1/9), undivided interest in real estate property, Perry County, AL.- need correct wording
A: The term is "Quitclaim". And it sounds like you're about to make a mess of your title. I strongly encourage you to seek a paid consultation with an experienced real estate attorney who can help you accomplish your goals.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Cook and Associates, Attorneys at Law LLC
4142 Carmichael Road
Montgomery, AL 36106
Telephone: (334) 356-7879
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.