(334) 356-7879Tap to Call This Lawyer
Amanda B CookCook and Associates: Real Estate, Social Security, Immigration
- Business Law, Trademarks, Intellectual Property ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Cook and Associates provide a range of legal services to clients in Montgomery and throughout Alabama, including real estate transactions and litigation, business planning, contracts and contract litigation, immigration, estate planning and litigation, commercial real property, and copyrights/trademarks. We represent clients from small mom and pop restaurants to global manufacturing corporations.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Social Security Disability
Additional Practice Area
- Copyright Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
We will practice on contingency for some breach of contract/collection issues, real property insurance matters, and select personal injury cases.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Because of a large demand, we have to charge a consultation fee to keep our calendars manageable. All consult fees are credited towards flat fee cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 11th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Amanda B. Cook, Counselor at Law LLC
- - Current
- Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Faulkner University
- J.D. (2012)
- New York University
- B.A. (2001) | Fine Arts
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Women's Section
Articles & Publications
- COPYRIGHT AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION: SAVING FREE SPEECH FROM ADVANCING LEGISLATION
- Registered Mediator
- Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
97 Questions Answered
- Q. Am I a US citizen?
- A: Shooting from the hip here, but my answer is that yes, you probably are. Apply for a passport using that BC and see if you get one. You might want to pay for a consutlation with a US immigration attorney first, though - one that deals in adoptions, specifically. It's probably worth it.
- Q. bring my wife to the US on relative visa. Had no income in 2021. Currently working. Am I able to use current income?
- A: Generally, USCIS likes to see at least three years worth of appropriate income. I recommend finding a cosponsor.
- Q. Alabama Real Estate re: sales contract Is there an inherent “cooling off” period allowing either party to cancel
- A: Usually there are provisions in the contract that allow to cancel for specific reasons, such as not passing inspection or clouded title. You really need a lawyer to read the whole contract in order to advise you of the specifics, as they can all be different.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.