Free Consultation: (845) 634-8179Tap to Call This Lawyer
Allan Wolk

Allan Wolk

Law Office of Allan Wolk
  • Divorce
  • New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My wife, a social worker, and I do DIVORCE MEDIATION together. I approach law from a very personal view, looking to the total and individual needs of my clients. You will always be able to contact us and we will return your calls immediately. See my website for photos and more information about divorce mediation.

Practice Area
  • Divorce
Additional Practice Area
  • Divorce Mediation
  • Free Consultation
    Call me on the telephone for a free consultation for as long as you want.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Professor of Political Science and Director of Paralegal Studies
City University of New York
Pace Law School
J.D. | Law
New York University
Ph.D. | Political Science
City University of New York - City College
M.A. | International Relations
City University of New York - City College
B.A. | History
Activities: Wrestling Team
Professional Associations
Rockland County Bar Association
- Current
Common Cause
Director of Rockland County
Articles & Publications
The Constitution in Plain Language
Bronx Community College of the City University of New York
Everyday Words From Names of People & Places
Elsevier/Nelson Books
The Naming of America
Thomas Nelson, Inc.
The Presidency and Black Civil Rights: From Eisenhower to Nixon
Fairleigh Dickinson University Press
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. How do i get an order of protection vacated?
A: Hello. What happened? Did you not show up at the hearing and as a result there was a default judgment? I need more facts. Call me for a free telephone consultation. 845 634 8179. See my website: Sincerely, Allan Wolk
Q. How long should it take to obtain an index #? I hired a lawyer on 12/30 for a no fault divorce-5 months and still no #.
A: Hello. To get an index # an summons and complaint has to be signed by you and can be immediately filed with the clerk. Then, it has to be served on your spouse. What happened? Call me for a free telephone consultation. 845 634 8179. See my website: Allan Wolk
Q. If a home was purchased during marriage and has only the husband on the deed, does the wife have rights to it in nys?
A: Yes, depending on the circumstances and where the money came from to buy the house. Call me and I will go into detail when you give me all the facts. Free telephone consulation. 845 634 8179. And, see my website: Allan Wolk
Q. I'm a foster parent to a child I had since he was a week old the great grand mother wants custody but lost the appealing
A: Hello. I saw part of your question. If she lost the appeal, then you are okay. Call me for a free telephone consultation. 845 634 8179. See my website: Allan Wolk
Q. My husband is filing for a uncontested divorce we were never leagally sperated and he owes thousand in child support .
A: To get an uncontested divorce in NYS all other matters---custody, visitation, child support, spousal maintenance, equitable distribution, etc. have to be settled or adjudicated first. Has this been done? Call me for a free consultation 845 634 8179 See my website: Allan Wolk
Q. How do I petition to enforce a visitation order?
A: You can file in family court in your jurisdiction. You will have to show that your spouse has been in violation of the prior order. Call me for a free consultation. 845 634 8179. See me website: Allan Wolk
Q. How do you get divorced if you cannot track down your spouse?
A: Hello. There are several steps that have to be followed. You have to show the court that you made a diligent effort to locate your spouse. Use of the internet can help here. If you find him, he can be served. If not, then a petition has to be filed showing your efforts and asking for substitute service thru the local newspaper. Call me for a free consultation. 845 634 8179 And see me website: www.wolk-divorce-attorney-com Allan Wolk
Q. If a person is married to a teamster and they divorce , what rights does the spouse of the teamster have ?
A: Hi, you will have the right to a marital portion of his retirement account, plus other equitable distribution rights For example, if you are married for 20 years and he has been a teamster for 15 years, you are entitled to one-half his pension. This will given to you by a court order and you thus will have your own pension. Call me for a free consultation. 845 634 8179. See my website:
Q. Verbal fight daughter was here need to protect her from being takin away
A: I need more information to help you. You can call me for a free consultation at 845 634 8179 See my website at Allan Wolk
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
96 Third Street
New City, NY, USA
Telephone: (845) 634-8179