Free Consultation: (614) 628-4461Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ali W LatifShumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Immigration Law, White Collar Crime, Securities Law ...
- New York, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&AResponsive Law
Ali is a trilingual attorney (English, Arabic, & Spanish) licensed in Ohio. His diverse professional and cultural experiences afford him a unique perspective when it comes to problem solving. He prides himself on working efficiently and diligently, being respectful to colleagues and clients, and ensuring excellent results. He has previous experience in business law, public policy, criminal, divorce, and immigration law, and is eager to assist clients and the community with their legal needs!
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- White Collar Crime
- Securities Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Google Meet
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Arabic: Spoken
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Litigation Associate
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- - Current
- A member of the Litigation practice group, Ali focuses on business litigation, white-collar defense, and corporate investigations. He prides himself on working efficiently and diligently, being respectful to colleagues and clients, and ensuring excellent results. Clients benefit from his personalized approach to representation, as well as the fact he is trilingual; English, Arabic, and Spanish.
- Founder and Owner
- Latif Law LLC
- Providing legal assistance in the areas of immigration law, divorce and domestic law, criminal defense, business and contract law , traffic and speeding tickets, and alternative dispute resolution. Latif Law, LLC treats every case with the diligence and personalized attention we would provide to our own family members. Contact us today!
- Capital University Law School
- J.D. (2015) | Law
- Ohio State University - Columbus
- B.A. (2012) | Arabic
- Ohio State University - Columbus
- B.A. (2012) | Spanish
- LASC/ CBA/CBF New Attorney Pro Bono Award
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus
- Provided over 220 hours of pro bono service
- State Bar of Ohio
- US District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Guardian Ad Litem
- The Supreme Court of Ohio
1 Questions Answered
- Q. If my son who is 16 was caught going 48 in 25 how likely is he to get his license suspended first offense
- A: A standard ticket for speeding 23 m.p.h. over the limit typically carries two points on one's driving record and a fine. Fines typically range from $150-500, depending on the jurisdiction. If your son accumulates 12 or more points within 2 years his license will be suspended for 6 months. The Ohio BMV sends out warning letters when a driver has accumulated 6 points. Therefore, unless there are exacerbating circumstances or facts you did not mention, his license will not be suspended from this one offense. Now, hopefully it never gets to this point, but for your reference, if your son did accumulate 12 points in a 2-year period and have his license suspended at some point in the future, then he would have to follow the Ohio BMV reinstatement requirements. These include waiting the 6 months, completing a remedial driving course, filing a certificate of insurance (SR-22/bond), paying a reinstatement fee, and retaking the entire driver's license exam again. As always, you should contact an experienced attorney to advise you on your particular circumstances and the possibility of obtaining reduced charges.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.