Free Consultation: (219) 476-3870Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alexander Florian Steciuch

Alexander Florian Steciuch

Steciuch Law
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law...
  • Indiana
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My name is Alexander Florian Steciuch and I am a licensed attorney operating in Northwest Indiana. As a lifelong citizen of this area I have a strong personal drive in helping out the citizens of our community, whether it be through proper estate planning for throughout a client's life or helping out with whatever small legal problems that may arise. My legal passion lies in the area of estate planning and areas of elder law. I take strong personal satisfaction in helping people make sure that their wishes are known, respected and carried out by the individuals they trust most in their life in times of incapacity and insecurity.

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Elder Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Free Consultation
    Free 1 HR consultation for those looking to explore planning their estate.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa & Mastercard
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are charged for almost all estate planning services and traditional legal services. Litigation and consultations are on an hourly basis. I offer flat fee estate planning to its clients. It is my belief that I best serve my clients by offering clearly posted prices for our services ahead of time. There are no extra hourly costs for telephone calls, emails or other communications between the client and the attorney associated with estate planning. If your estate planning needs are not listed here, I will attempt to offer an estimated range of cost for your case. $400.00 Basic Estate Plan Package $600.00 Basic Couple’s Estate Plan $50.00 Last Wishes & Funeral Directive $1,000.00 Revocable Living Trust $1,300.00 Basic Estate Plan Package & Revocable Living Trust $1,500.00 Basic Couple’s Estate Plan Package & Revocable Living Trust Additional Services: In Home/Hospital Visit are available. Price based on distance from office. Emergency Visits and Drafting available. Price negotiable on time constraints. I also offer a variety of other general practice services, the full list of which can be viewed elsewhere. Unless otherwise agreed upon, I will attempt to offer flat fee services instead of an hourly rate.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Steciuch Law
- Current
Legal Intern
Valparaiso University School of Law Mediation Clinic
Mediated Small Claims Court cases as well as Divorce proceedings.
Law Clerk
Gordon Etzler & Associates
Valparaiso University School of Law
J.D. (2015) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Valpo Law Blog, Teaching Assistant
Professional Associations
Indiana State Bar # 32772-64
Articles & Publications
Upskirting and the Spirit of the Law
Valpo Law Blog
Speaking Engagements
Saving Your Family Problems and Heartache: A Guide To Estate Planning, Vibra Health Fair, Indian American Cultural Center
An Abbreviated Guide To Trusts, 605 Beech Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Steciuch Law
Having The Talk: Discussing Estate Planning With Your Loved Ones, 605 Beech Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Steciuch Law
Join us to learn how to approach the hard to discuss topic of estate planning with your family members. This topic will cover how to initiate the conversation, how to address the difficult emotional questions and the importance of planning ahead while these conversations can still take place.
The Basics of Estate Planning, 605 Beech Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Steciuch Law
Licensed Indiana Attorney
Indiana Board of Law Examiners
Websites & Blogs
Steciuch Law Website
Legal Answers
414 Questions Answered

Q. Will the courts grant sole physical custody of a child to a parent that still lives at home with their parents?
A: Living at home with your parents is not disqualifying for granting sole physical custody. That said, the determination of physical and legal custody are all done based on the best interests of the child. If the judge determines that sole physical custody awarded to the father is in the best interests of the child, that's will be his or her decision.
Q. How binding is a " Non-Disclosure and Limited Non-Competition Agreement" in the State of Indiana ?
A: It depends on the documents themselves. A Non-Disclosure agreement is usually binding, except in cases where the law would not allow it (such as in mandatory reporting cases, covering up a crime, criminal conspiracy, etc..). A Non-Competition Agreement or non-compete as most people refer to them are frowned upon but binding in Indiana as long as they are limited in scope, geographic area and time. For example, if you leave an organization that services one county and they seek to limit you competing with them, they can have you sign a non-compete agreement to not provide the services that they provide in that specific county for a set time period such as a year or two. If that organization sought to ban you from ever working in that county again in any job, that is too broad and unlikely to be upheld. It does not matter if you are under contract to the organization asking or if you work for them or not. Do not sign a non-compete or non-disclosure agreement without reviewing the terms and getting legal advice from legal counsel that you have retained. Your counsel should review the documents in question.
Q. Can LL allow disconnect if tenant is not paying their Utilities and disconnect notices are sent by the servicing comp
A: If the utilities are in the landlord's name but are to be paid by the tenants and the tenants are not paying, the landlord still must provide and pay those utility bills. Landlords are bound to provide a safe and habitable space to the tenants. If the tenants are violating the lease agreement by not paying the utilities they should be evicted.
Q. Can I serve a 10 day notice and evict a tenant with no remedy for being habitually late on rent?
A: If your lease requires the 10 day notice or does not waive that requirement, the 10 day serves as a period for which the tenant can pay the rent that is owed or cure whatever violation of the lease that is being broken. If it is fixed by the end of the 10 day period, they are allowed to stay.
Q. can i sue apple maps for causing my accident? road stays straight and doesn’t tell me to turn on the app
A: Nowhere in the directions that Apple Maps gives does it ever tell you to take your eyes off of the road or rely solely on the directions that the app is giving. If you look at the terms and services you will find language that says as much that you agreed to in order to use the app. You still must be a responsible driver and be aware of your surroundings as circumstances change on the ground that are not reflected in the map. You can still attempt to sue, but I do not know how successful you would be.
Q. Have a eviction court date Nov 15th I own trailer and lease lot Can i stop this by paying Can lanlord refuse payment
A: The landlord can refuse to accept payment and continue with the eviction. You could negotiate with the landlord to pay off the owed amount to stop the eviction, but you would need an explicit agreement that the eviction would be withdrawn as part of that payment. Unless you have a valid legal defense to the eviction, the eviction will most likely be granted.
Q. So my wifes mother passed. They haven't been on speaking terms for the last 3 years. Her friend says that she has
A: Indiana law dictates the order of who is allowed to make plans for handling the remains of a deceased individual. Under Indiana law, that order is: 1. Individual named in a funeral declaration 2. The appointed healthcare power of attorney 3. Surviving spouse 4. Adult child 5. Next of kin on and so forth. Executor of the estate is actually listed last as the individual with the authority to decide on the disposition of the remains. IC § 29-2-19-17
Q. My sister passed away and I'm her only amediate living family member ( sister). She did not have a will.
A: You should consult with a probate attorney for at least a consultation. He or she can best direct you after reviewing the entirety of the facts and situation that you are in. There may be non-probate methods available to you to claim what assets there are, including the insurance policy, especially if the estate is insolvent.
Q. do I have to pay full rent if I was placed in hotel for 11 days due to buildings electrical fire?
A: In this case you do have to pay full rent. The landlord did what they are supposed to do if the premises are damaged and are unlivable for a period of time: they either prorate the rent for the days you are not living there and you find your own alternate living conditions or they pay out of pocket to put you up somewhere else until the repairs are complete.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Steciuch Law at the Banta Center
605 Beech Street
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Telephone: (219) 476-3870
Fax: (317) 203-1153