Claimed Lawyer Profile
I provide bankruptcy solutions for consumers and business primarily in the greater Houston area but also in other parts of Texas and the rest of the United States. I also represent clients nationwide in federal appeals.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Free Consultation
For individuals I offer a free consultation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 1st Circuit
- 3rd Circuit
- 4th Circuit
- 5th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- 7th Circuit
- 8th Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- 10th Circuit
- 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Swedish: Spoken, Written
- Wathen & Associates
- - Current
- Areas: Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law, Business Law, Federal and State Appeals, Federal Litigation Traffic & Motor Vehicle Law.
- Trial and Bankruptcy Attorney
- Kubosh & Associates
- Areas: Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Traffic & Motor Vehicle Law, Federal and State Appeals, Federal Litigation. Hired and trained new attorneys joining the firm.
- University of North Texas
- M.S. / Information Science (2001)
- University of Minnesota Law School
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.) / Law (1997)
- University of Southern California
- B.A. / Political Science (1995)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- - Current
- Texas State Bar # 24005122
- - Current
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Bankruptcy Exam Comission
- Activities: Wrote and graded the board certification exams for consumer and business bankruptcy.
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- Texas State Bar
Websites & Blogs
- Cutting Edge Bankruptcy & Debt Collection Law
- Aron Carter Bankruptcy Documents
22 February 2014
- What do I do if I get a 1099 from a creditor discharged in my bankruptcy?
30 January 2014
- Vince Young files for Bankruptcy
22 January 2014
- Hand surgeon Michael Brown files bankruptcy then seeks dismissal – wife lives in luxury
28 February 2013
- If you cannot make your Chapter 13 Trustee payments: Don’t burn down your house, there are options!
22 February 2013
- Casey Anthony bankruptcy – read the full text of the documents
31 January 2013
- Alex Wathen files first court document from an airplane in the air!
21 October 2011
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania files Chapter 9 Bankruptcy
15 October 2011
- How the federal government benefits from foreclosures
1 October 2011
Contact & Map