Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldResponsive Law
We can help with wrongful terminations, injuries at work, unpaid wages, and more!
Free Case Evaluations
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Spanish: Spoken
- AN Law Firm, P.A.
- - Current
- Florida International University College of Law
- J.D. (2011)
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- - Current
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section
- - Current
- Activities: Co-host of CLE event: Hot Topics in Employment Law
Articles & Publications
- Villarreal v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.: No Disparate Impact under the ADEA in Failure to Hire
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section - E Update
46 Questions Answered
- Q. Can an employer force resignation or fire an employee after FMLA has been extinguished in the State of Florida?
- A: This is a very close call and depends on several factors. Contact an attorney to discuss. There is some chance that she can request more time.
- Q. I was terminated from my job on the day of my return following being out of office with Doctors orders. Is this allowed?
- A: Does not seem right. Obviously, it depends on all the facts but contact an employment attorney that can help evaluate the matter and explain how we can help.
- Q. What's the law regarding getting paid upon termination. Is employer obligated to pay or do I have to wait?
- A: They need to pay within a reasonable time which is generally speaking the normal pay period. If they do not pay, contact an attorney. Generally speaking you can get an attorney to help at no cost to you with this type of case but it all depends on the facts.
- Q. What are my first steps in preventing this from happening to anyone else
- A: You can bring a case against them to stop them from doing it again. Speak to an attorney for an evaluation.
- Q. Is it wrong to get fired from dollar general for being on maternity leave still under dr care
- A: The facts are unclear but seems like there may be a case here. Call an attorney for a free consult to explore the issues. You have little time to start these types of cases.
- Q. What are my rights as an employee?
- A: You may have a case here but more details are needed, call and speak to an attorney for an intake.
- Q. If I secretly record my boss am I able to include it in a sexual harassment claim?
- A: Probably not, there is right way and wrong way of doing this. Speak to an attorney that can help guide you through the situation.
- Q. Can my friend get out of a work exchange contract due to injury?
- A: You may have a workers compensation claim here. You need to act before you run out of time. If there is a contract, an attorney will have to review it but generally speaking, if the contract purposes is frustrated, you may be able to get out.
- Q. Can my 13 year old work a summer part time at my job if I give him permission?
- A: Do you own the company?
Contact & Map