Free Consultation: (228) 875-8736Tap to Call This Lawyer
Albert Pettigrew, Jr.

Albert Pettigrew, Jr.

Services provided for all courts in Harrison and Jackson Counties
  • Business Law, Criminal Law, Divorce ...
  • Mississippi
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Significant contributor to Law Guru answering legal questions from visitors to the site - Learn more about Mr. Pettigrew by sampling his responses linked to his lawguru webpage at

Practice Areas
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Elder Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    Professional services fees are $200 per hour and the firm is very busy. However, the firm will give you 10 minutes on the phone to see if you can be helped.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    The firm can help because it will provide professional experience, team work, and personal attention to helping you. As a team member, the firm will keep you informed so we are better prepared to work together to use material information at the right time and place in negotiation and litigation. Professional personal attention on all matters avoids costly staff coordination and conferences. Paralegal and clerical services are billed separately from attorney professional services. Because this is a small firm, there are however downsides to the service. Professional services usually require a review of applicable law in each case. Second, professional services must be prioritized and allocated between clients. Third, clients are also part of the team and you must stay informed about the case and be ready to assist in negotiations and/or trying your case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Mississippi
J.D. (1983)
University of Mississippi Logo
Professional Associations
Mississippi State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pettigrew Law Firm
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Sample of 640 Questions Answered Online by Albert Pettigrew
Yellow Pages Listing
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered
Q. I need to add the surname to my childs birth certificate. Where do i do this and what all do i have to do? thanks!!!
A: Such a change would probably require a Mississippi Chancery Court order requiring the Miss. Department of Vital Records to change a Mississippi birth certificate. To make corrections or to make changes to a birth or death record, contact the Miss. Department of Vital Records Corrections Department at 601-576-7981.
Q. Can i sign my rights over on a child n mississippi
A: The court should approve termination of your parental rights if it is in the best interest of the child.
Q. Is there and additional waiting period to change from an at fault divorce to irreconcilable differences?
A: An irreconcilable differences divorce pleading has to be on file for 60 days. If a fault based pleading is amended to irreconcilable differences it will relate back to the date of filing of the original complaint for divorce for purposes of satisfying the 60-days requirement.
View More Answers
Crowley v. Germany
Supreme Court of Mississippi
View More Annotations
Contact & Map
Pettigrew Tried and True Law Firm
Ocean Springs, MS, USA
Telephone: (228) 875-8736
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.