Alan KendrickIntelligent Solutions for Intellectual Property Matters
- Intellectual Property, Trademarks, Patents
- California, Czech Republic
Mr. Kendrick holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco and has been a California licensed attorney since 1998. His practice focuses on intellectual property matters including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition. He works in both the United States and Europe as an intellectual property attorney and he has several years of international legal experience. He has several years of experience providing patentability and invalidity research in a wide variety of disciplines including aerospace, mechanical, industrial, energy, medical, materials, food technology and the automotive arts among others.
Mr. Kendrick also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering (Magna Cum Laude) with a minor in Mathematics and concentrations in Aerodynamics, Thermodynamics, Propulsion and Flight Design. He also holds an Associate of Arts in Aviation Fight Operations and is a licensed private pilot.
Juris Doctor. University of San Francisco.
Bachelor of Science (Magna Cum Laude),
Aerospace Engineering, San Jose State University.
Bar Member, Supreme Court of California (1998).
Bar Member, Czech Republic (Ceská Advokátní Komora), Admitted as a Foreign Attorney (2002-2006, 2017-2018).
Bar Member, U.S. District Court - Northern District of California (2009).
Bar Member, U.S. District Court - Southern District of California (2009). Center for International Legal Studies: International Practice (2001).
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Patent Appeals, Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Czech Republic
- Czech Republic
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- English: Spoken, Written
- Intellectual Property Attorney
- AKIP Legal - Laguna Beach, CA
- - Current
- • Patent research; patentability of emerging technologies, patent landscape and whitespace analysis, freedom to operate, due diligence. • IP analysis and assessment in the aerospace, mechanical, industrial, energy, medical, materials, food technology and automotive arts among others. • Patent litigation support and invalidity research. • Software developer and licensing agreements; master, end-use, open source. • Trademark counseling: strategy, clearance and risk analysis, registration. • Trademark litigation: infringement, opposition and cancellation actions. • Copyright counseling. • Trade secret counseling. • Contract and licensing review.
- Intellectual Property and Engineering Research Analyst
- Nerac - San Diego, CA
- - Intellectual property research; patentability of emerging technologies, patent landscape, freedom to operate, due diligence. - IP analysis and assessment in the aerospace, mechanical, industrial, energy, medical, materials, food technology and automotive arts. - Patent litigation support and invalidity research. - Patent licensing support, portfolio evaluations and opportunity vetting. - Regulatory and Standards research and support; FDA, EMEA., ASME, SAE, ASTM, NSF, ISO, foreign regulations and standards. - Product development research, state of the art research, R&D support and technical vetting. - Scientific, technical and scholarly publications research; prior art and technical solutions research. - Competitive intelligence research, market, IP and technology portfolio analysis.
- Intellectual Property Attorney
- Cermák Horejš Myslil – Attorneys at Law and Patent Attorneys - Prague, CZ
- Patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition litigation. • Develop and prepare petitions and responses for first and second instance decision cases (primary and appellate cases) involving patent, trademark and copyright infringement and unfair competition. • Trademark prosecution (clearance, risk analysis and registration). • Trademark cancellation and opposition actions at the national and international levels. • Trademark enforcement regarding anti-piracy and customs seizures. • Domain name disputes, negotiations and acquisitions. • Pharmaceutical patent infringement litigation. • Due diligence in relation to IP matters within mergers and acquisitions. • Negotiate and prepare instruments for trademark and domain name assignments, sales agreements, patent, trademark and copyright licensing agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and other intellectual property agreements. • Analyses of foreign patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition and business law. • Legal research and writing involving intellectual property cases; patents, trademarks, copyrights, business and unfair competition. • Prepare legal opinions and case specific analysis for all aspects of intellectual property law, economic competition, trade and commercial law. • Contract and licensing review. • Prepare and review license and contract manufacturing agreements.
- Sr. Mechanical/Aerospace Systems Design Engineer
- Jacobs Engineering/Sverdrup Technology, Inc. - Moffet Field, CA
- Sverdrup Technology is a support service contractor providing engineering design, analysis and management services for NASA at Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California. • Project management: Initial cost and schedule estimates, design concept, design and • analysis, fabrication and installation supervision and support, documentation. EDUCATION • Mechanical design, analysis and fabrication/installation supervision for a variety of project types: Wind tunnel design, modification and modernization. Large scale facility modernization: 11 Foot Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel flexible wall replacement and electro-mechanical positioning system. Inlet guide vane and honeycomb flow control systems. High pressure/flow hydraulic system design. Design and structural analysis of aircraft modification projects. Aircraft and rotorcraft radar/instrumentation housing/fairing design and analysis. Modification of hardware and components of flying observatories such as the NASA Kuiper Airborne Observatory. Biomedical and human habitat research equipment, e.g. the 8-foot centrifuge for hyper-gravity bone cell research and the 52-foot centrifuge human habitat for chronic hyper-gravity studies. Aerospace models for wind tunnel testing. Electro-mechanical hardware modernization, design, selection and integration with mechanical systems. Space flight hardware. Acoustic mapping hardware. X-Y transverse microphone rail system for large acoustic wind tunnel testing. Large facility piping and piping structure analysis and design: Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel facility piping support structure - earthquake and structural analysis and redesign. Project management: Initial cost and schedule estimates, design concept, design and • analysis, fabrication and installation supervision and support, documentation. • Produce detail drawings for fabrication and installation of design projects. Oversee fabrication and installation of design projects.
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Intellectual Property Law and International Law
- Directed Research and Graduate Writing Project: National Sovereignty Issues Regarding European Member States.
- Honors: Best Brief - Moot Court Competition 1997
- Activities: Worked full time as a Systems Design Engineer at NASA Ames Research Center while attending law school at night.
- San Joses State University
- B.S. (1990) | Aerospace Engineering
- Concentration: Aerodynamics, Propulsion and Thermal Systems Minor: Mathematics
- Honors: Graduated with Great Distinction (Magna Cum Laude) Dean’s Scholar
- Activities: Responsible for refurbishing the SJSU supersonic blowdown wind tunnel (1989).
- San Diego Mesa College
- A.A. (1985) | Aviation
- Concentration: Flight Operations
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- State Bar of California  # 197688
- An Introduction to Patent Prior Art Research
- Video CLE course, Attorney Credits, 2016
- Review of US Trademarks and Applications Representing Goods or Services Associated with Marijuana and Cannabis: Prosecution Pitfalls
- Intellectual Property Magazine
- 3D Printing: The Next Industrial Revolution? A look into the impacts on the aerospace industry
- International Practice
- Center for International Legal Studies
- Solidworks Certified Associate – C-7XSWW8LBUM
- Dassault Systèmes
- GDT Certified ANSI Y14.4o.
- American Institute for Quality & Reliability
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.