The Law Offices of John Day PC
The Tennessee Law Offices of John Day, P.C. represents individuals and their families in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits caused by the negligence of others. All cases undertaken by the Brentwood-based firm and its trial lawyers are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients only pay the law firm attorneys' fees if it recovers financial compensation for them in a trial or settlement.
The firm has recovered tens of millions of dollars for clients and their loved ones in medical malpractice, motor vehicle accident, dog bite, and drowning cases. The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. has decades of experience fighting for the rights of injured victims in Tennessee, and teaching other attorneys about the state and federal tort and personal injury law. Attorney John Day has successfully litigated cases involving catastrophic birth injury, medical malpractice, and a wide range of other matters. The law firm’s attorneys are admitted to practice law before all Tennessee federal and state courts, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
Attorneys at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. have received numerous honors and awards. Their peers recognized them with a preeminent 'AV' rating from Martindale-Hubbell for their lawyers' legal abilities and ethics. Business Tennessee consistently names John Day as one of the state’s best lawyers. In 2011, the Nashville Post listed John Day as one of Nashville's Top 101 Lawyers. The founding partner is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, the most prestigious and exclusive organization of trial lawyers in the country.
- “Extraordinary Cause” Under HCLA Notice Statute
2 November 2018
- White Paper: Attorney – Client Privilege
29 October 2018
- Apartment Owner Has No Duty to Protect From Attacks Off Its Property
26 October 2018
- Discovery Rule Applied in Murder-Suicide Case – Claim Barred
11 October 2018
- Appellate Court Court Reverses Summary Judgment – Jury Issue on Discovery Rule
10 October 2018
- Refusal to Give Requested Jury Instructions Was Not Error
9 October 2018
- Are Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Awards Subject to Federal Income Tax?
8 October 2018
- No Response to Statement of Undisputed Material Facts Results in Loss
2 October 2018
- Injury Plaintiff Indispensable Party in Insurer / Insured Dispute
1 October 2018
- Think You Are a Safe Driver? Take Our Pedestrian Safety Quiz To Find Out
7 November 2018
- 10 Easy Steps For a Safer Halloween
30 October 2018
- If Readily Available Safety Technology Could Help Reduce the Increasing Number of Deadly Tractor Trailer Accidents, Why Is It Not Being Mandated?
5 October 2018
- Surge of Pedestrian Deaths Sparks Demands for New Safety Methods
27 September 2018
- Understanding Tennessee Auto Insurance
18 September 2018
- Tennessee Drivers Are the Second Worst in the Nation
11 September 2018
- Labor Day Driving Safety Tips (because Tennesseans are the 2nd worst drivers in the nation)
29 August 2018
- Boating Deaths Have More Than Doubled in Tennessee This Year — Some Safety Reminders
23 August 2018
- Back-to-School Safety Tips
15 August 2018