James H. Wilson, Jr., Attorney & Counsellor at Law
James H. Wilson, Jr. represents Virginia families experiencing marital difficulties. Attorney Wilson can offer guidance on the different avenues that spouses can pursue, as well as the rights of each spouse in regards to marital property, spousal support, child support, and child custody and visitation. Located in Glen Allen, Attorney Wilson serves clients in the Richmond metropolitan area, including the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico.
- Common Mistakes to Avoid Before Filing Bankruptcy, and Longer-Term Bankruptcy Planning
11 May 2020
- Greater protection under the Virginia Homestead Exemption starting July 1, 2020
30 April 2020
- Will a federal court enforce an immigration support affidavit against a husband while a divorce is pending in Virginia?
30 April 2018
- Is a divorce award of the former marital residence to wife enforceable against husband’s chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee?
12 February 2018
- Is husband’s divorce agreement to make wife’s mortgage payments nondischargeable in a chapter 13 bankruptcy?
8 February 2018
- Is a husband’s agreement to pay his wife half the monthly payment amount for her parent’s loan to them during the marriage nondischargeable in husband’s chapter 7 bankruptcy after a divorce?
6 February 2018
- Does wife have a claim in husband’s chapter 7 bankruptcy case for an equitable share of the marital property before entry of the final decree of divorce?
5 February 2018
- Does a divorce attorney have standing to contest the dischargeability of attorney’s fees as a domestic support obligation in bankruptcy?
30 January 2018
- Is an overpayment of spousal support nondischargeable in a chapter 7 bankruptcy case?
29 January 2018