James H. Wilson, Jr., Attorney & Counsellor at Law
James H. Wilson, Jr. represents Virginia families experiencing marital difficulties. Attorney Wilson can offer guidance on the different avenues that spouses can pursue, as well as the rights of each spouse in regards to marital property, spousal support, child support, and child custody and visitation. Located in Glen Allen, Attorney Wilson serves clients in the Richmond metropolitan area, including the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico.
- Does an increase in the value of a spouse’s separate property become marital property in equitable distribution in a Virginia divorce case?
22 June 2017
- Will the ex-husband’s chapter 13 plan paying less than a quarter of a lump sum equitable distribution award to ex-wife from a divorce case pass the good faith test for confirmation in Virginia?
20 June 2017
- Does a wife’s ability to withdraw from an IRA account constitute a material change warranting a reduction in spousal support?
19 June 2017
- Can an equitable distribution award be based on an older spouse’s future needs without erroneously becoming an award of support?
16 June 2017
- Will a divorce court judge give a wife the first right to purchase the former marital residence in equitable distribution in Virginia?
15 June 2017
- Will a Virginia divorce court impute a minimum wage income to a stay-at-home mother living beyond her means on credit?
13 June 2017
- Is it a violation of the automatic stay in a second bankruptcy to file a motion to show cause and to set a hearing date in a divorce case, when the contempt hearing itself follows the dismissal of the bankruptcy case?
1 June 2017
- Can a husband trade a house in return for wife’s promise not to seek child support in Virginia?
30 May 2017
- Will a wife’s use of her pension fund after she moves out from the marital residence then returns to live in a separate bedroom constitute marital waste?
27 May 2017