Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
Clearwater, FL 33762
The University of Toledo College of Law
- How the Exclusion of a Defense Expert Witness Led to the Reversal of a Miami-Area Man’s Criminal Negligence Conviction
23 September 2022
- Crime of Passion Defenses in Florida: Their Types and What They Can Do for You in Your Case
24 August 2022
- Love in the Digital Age: a Florida Woman Faces Felony Charges After Threatening to Disseminate Her Girlfriend’s Nude Images
25 July 2022
- Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal: A Witness’s Having ‘Sensed’ Something Did Not Constitute Proof of a Crime
23 June 2022
- What Happens If You Refuse A Field Sobriety Test?
16 June 2022
- Important Things To Know About Traffic Violations
8 June 2022
- Citizen Informants Versus Anonymous Tipsters, And How the Difference May Impact Your Florida Criminal Case
26 May 2022
- ‘Willfulness’ and How It Can Be the Key to Successfully Defending Against a Probation Violation Charge in Florida
25 April 2022
- Learn How Simple It Is To Look Up Accident Reports
8 April 2022