Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
Clearwater, FL 33762
The University of Toledo College of Law
- Avoiding a Probation Violation Based on a Requirement Your PO Imposed but the Court Didn’t
24 August 2023
- Florida’s Domestic Violence Criminal Statutes Versus the State’s Assault/Battery Laws
25 July 2023
- ‘Fruit of the Poisonous Tree’ and Getting Your Statements to Police Thrown Out in a Florida Case
23 June 2023
- How the Police Can Violate Your Fourth Amendment Rights in a Traffic Stop… and What It Potentially Can Mean to Your Florida Criminal Case
23 May 2023
- What Florida Law Says About Warrantless Searches Police Perform Pursuant to a Baker Act Detention
25 April 2023
- Weapons Crimes and Sentence Enhancements for Repeat Offenders
27 March 2023
- Why Designated Drivers are Important
22 March 2023
- When the Police in Florida Can — and Can’t — Search You Without Your Consent Based on a Non-Criminal Traffic Violation
27 February 2023
- Florida Law Regarding Stand Your Ground Immunity and People Engaged in Illegal Conduct
23 January 2023