Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
- No Laughing Matter: Florida Man Faces Felony Charge for Stealing a Few Dollars of Over-the-Counter Meds
6 February 2019
- A St. Petersburg Man Who Killed His Roommate Gets a New Chance to Assert His ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense
11 January 2019
- How the Presence of Errors on Your Florida Criminal Scoresheet May Help You Get Your Sentence Overturned
13 December 2018
- When the State Can (and Cannot) Use ‘Inevitable Discovery’ to Get Evidence from a Warrantless Search Admitted in Your Florida Trial
15 November 2018
- Intellectual Impairments and Their Impact on an Accused Person’s Waiver of His ‘Miranda’ Rights in Florida
12 October 2018
- A Florida Woman’s Success in Obtaining a New Sentencing Hearing Based Upon the Prosecution’s Improper Use of Uncharged Incidents
17 September 2018
- Pinellas County Unlicensed Contracting Sting announced…
7 August 2018
- Glitter on the Cash and Police Bodycam Footage: All the Proof that Went in Two South Florida Defendants’ Successes in Court
20 July 2018
- A New Florida District Court of Appeal Ruling Analyzes the Fundamental Expectation of Privacy and the Use of Modern Technology on WiFi Devices
27 June 2018