Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
- When Your Conduct Doesn’t Meet All the Elements of the Florida Crime that the State Charged in Your Case…
14 May 2019
- 6 Most Common Types of Personal Injury
8 May 2019
- Getting Key Evidence Suppressed in Your Florida Criminal Case Due to an Illegal Search by the Police
10 April 2019
- Marijuana and Driving
5 April 2019
- Let the Pros Handle It: Florida Defense Attorney Gets State’s Attorney to Drop Multiple Charges Against His Client
6 March 2019
- No Laughing Matter: Florida Man Faces Felony Charge for Stealing a Few Dollars of Over-the-Counter Meds
6 February 2019
- A St. Petersburg Man Who Killed His Roommate Gets a New Chance to Assert His ‘Stand Your Ground’ Defense
11 January 2019
- How the Presence of Errors on Your Florida Criminal Scoresheet May Help You Get Your Sentence Overturned
13 December 2018
- When the State Can (and Cannot) Use ‘Inevitable Discovery’ to Get Evidence from a Warrantless Search Admitted in Your Florida Trial
15 November 2018