Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
- Accused of a Probation Violation in Florida? How to Overcome a Case that’s Based on a Missed Curfew
6 July 2020
- Your Being at the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Around the Wrong People Doesn’t Give the Police in Florida the Right to Do a Warrantless Search of Your Person
15 June 2020
- How to Discredit the Prosecution’s Star Witness in Your Florida Criminal Trial
8 May 2020
- The Prosecutor in My Florida Criminal Trial Misstated the Law to the Jury. What Can Be Done About That?
8 April 2020
- The Coronavirus and the Law: What you need to know about Court! Part II
30 March 2020
- The Coronavirus and the law: What you need to know about Court! Part One
20 March 2020
- New DUI Joint Police Effort Launched in Florida this Weekend, 3/13-3/15 2020
12 March 2020
- Florida Police Can’t Take You Into Custody Just Because You Behave Unusually or Because the Officer Thinks It ‘Would Be Best’
14 February 2020
- What is the ‘Exclusionary Rule’ and How Can It Help Me Keep Harmful Evidence out of a Criminal Case in Florida?
9 January 2020