Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
- Million-to-One Shot: Florida Suspect Theorizes that Cocaine ‘Must Have Flown’ Into Her Purse
19 April 2018
- Military Veteran? This Saturday in Pinellas could be important to you.
9 April 2018
- Manatee County Murder Suspect Gets a New Trial Because Police Interviewed Him Without His Lawyer Present
15 March 2018
- Can You Be Convicted of Robbery With a Weapon in Florida When All You Had Was a Shotgun Barrel?
14 February 2018
- Treasure Island man breaks into garage, brews himself some coffee
31 January 2018
- How the State’s Inadequate Proof of Intent Got One Man an Acquittal in His Florida Grand Theft Case
26 January 2018
- A Florida Man Escapes Dealing in Stolen Property Charge Because He Didn’t Commit All of the Elements of the Crime
27 December 2017
- Nebbia Holds: Part 4 of 4
13 December 2017
- How an Improper Miranda Warning May Lead to a Reversal of a Criminal Conviction in Tampa Bay
28 November 2017