Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
- How Evidence of the Other Driver’s Drunkenness Might Help You in Your DUI Homicide Case in Florida
5 May 2021
- How to Respond When the Prosecution Makes a Last-Minute Change in the Charges or Witnesses Against You in Your Florida Trial
21 April 2021
- CCTV Footage: A Silent Witness against Criminal Defense
30 March 2021
- ‘Alexa, Can I Use Records from an Amazon Device to Help Me Win My Florida Criminal Case?’
19 March 2021
- What a Former Baseball All-Star’s Arrest Can Say About Your DUI Case in Florida
16 March 2021
- What It Takes to Invoke Your ‘Right to Remain Silent’ in Florida, and What Happens if the Police Don’t Stop Questioning You
25 February 2021
- How to Attack the Search Warrant in Your Florida Criminal Case — and Win
15 February 2021
- How Evidence of Your Accuser’s Biases May Greatly Strengthen Your Defense in a Florida Criminal Case
27 January 2021
- How to Prevent Your Teen From Driving Drunk
10 December 2020