Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
Blake & Dorsten, P.A. is a criminal defense and personal injury law firm protecting the rights of people in the Tampa Bay area. The firm's attorneys Nicholas J. Dorsten and Rex R. Blake handle cases in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Manatee Counties. The law firm represents people accused of state and federal crimes, from charges of low-level misdemeanor to violent felonies.
Attorney Dorsten is a former Florida Assistant State Attorney who rose to become a lead trial attorney prosecuting felony domestic violence, child abuse, and sex crime cases. Attorney Blake also began his career in the State's Attorney's office conducting jury trials ranging from misdemeanors and DUIs, to violent felonies such as murder. The attorneys have conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and successfully resolved hundreds of criminal and personal injury cases before trial.
Attorneys Dorsten and Blake are members of the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and St. Petersburg Young Professionals. The law firm remains active in the community. Blake & Dorsten, P.A. has been a proud sponsor of Celma Mastry's annual "Race for the Cure" to support ovarian cancer research. The firm also sponsors the St. Petersburg Green Devils Girls' Varsity Volleyball team.
Clearwater, FL 33762
The University of Toledo College of Law
- Modern Technology, Remote Witness Testimony, the Confrontation Clause of the Sixth Amendment, and Florida Criminal Trials
20 January 2022
- Exposing the Holes in the State’s Evidence to Defeat the Probation Violation Charge Against You
21 December 2021
- Ticket Defense Lawyer Importance For Truck Drivers
14 December 2021
- What the Rittenhouse Case in Wisconsin Can Teach Floridians About Affirmative Defenses, Burdens of Proof, and Criminal Trials in This State
19 November 2021
- Vehicle Air Fresheners in Florida: What a 16-Year-Old Ruling Says About When the Police Can (and Can’t) Pull You Over
8 November 2021
- What to Do When the State Has Overcharged You in Your Florida Criminal Case
22 October 2021
- Lessons to Take Away from the Court Ruling that Overturned Bill Cosby’s Criminal Conviction
17 September 2021
- How Does Truck Accident Law Differ from a Car Crash, and What to Expect When Filing a Lawsuit?
23 August 2021
- How an Ill-Considered Moment of ‘Flashing’ Fun Could Have Very Bad Consequences for a Southwest Florida Woman
18 August 2021